The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Has anyone had an opportunity to try out the new Traynor TC115 bass cab? It's a bit larger than the 15" cabs offered by Yorkville. If you've tried one out what do you think of it?

Rezdog

·
Registered
328 Posts
You do know that Traynor and Yorkville are the same company and same factory, right?
I saw one of those cabs tonight, yes it's a shade bigger. No chance to hear it though.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I'm surprised it's a bit bigger. Other than the new 8x10, everything else appears to be the Yorkville product re-badged as Traynor. Either way, you can't go wrong IMO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gunny

Howdy,

Yup, Yorkville and Traynor are just about one in the same. The TC115 is ported in the corners as opposed to the standard round tube porting. Thinkin about putting one under a 212 for some reggae type dub, just a bit of added girth.

Rezdog

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was in Long & McQuade today and it tried out a Traynor TC1510 - 600-watt / 2x10, 1x15 w/ 1-inch horn. I was blown away how nice it sounded! A perfect combination of highs and lows. I plugged in into a Traynor DynaBass 400H and an Ampeg SVT3Pro. All of that Yorkville stuff, especially the cabinets, sound pretty sweet. I am sure you cannot go wrong buying one of them. A 210 and 115 combination is perfect for all types of music.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You do know that Traynor and Yorkville are the same company and same factory, right?
I saw one of those cabs tonight, yes it's a shade bigger. No chance to hear it though.
Yup - but that's no different than any of the other companies that have multiple product lines. To me, it looks like they're marketing the Traynor line as the higher-end stuff, and the Yorkville more the mid-range stuff. I could be wrong, though:D

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Yup - but that's no different than any of the other companies that have multiple product lines. To me, it looks like they're marketing the Traynor line as the higher-end stuff, and the Yorkville more the mid-range stuff. I could be wrong, though:D
It's not multiple product lines, it's the same lines. They have been gradually using the Traynor name more and more over the past few years. They are now using the Yorkville name for PA and recording equipment, and the Traynor name for instrument amplification. Not sure about the guitar and keys stuff, but the bass line has essentially remained unchanged except for the badge change.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's not multiple product lines, it's the same lines. They have been gradually using the Traynor name more and more over the past few years. They are now using the Yorkville name for PA and recording equipment, and the Traynor name for instrument amplification. Not sure about the guitar and keys stuff, but the bass line has essentially remained unchanged except for the badge change.
That makes sense - the guitar stuff is all Traynor (not sure it ever was branded Yorkville). They still have the XM and XS series bass stuff branded Yorkville - anything new product coming out will probably be Traynor badged, eh?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
That makes sense - the guitar stuff is all Traynor (not sure it ever was branded Yorkville). They still have the XM and XS series bass stuff branded Yorkville - anything new product coming out will probably be Traynor badged, eh?
From what I understand, yes. The "new" Traynor Dynabass 800H is identical to my amp except it is mounted in it's own case, though it does look removeable if you want it in a different rack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Traynor TC115

Greetings all....

I went down to the local L&M store and told the man to gimme one of them there brand new TC115's, not one of the little Yorki's but the New bigger Traynor. Took it back to the rehearsal space, plugged it into my XS800H Yorki and played my Reverend BH5 & G&L L2500. And I said to myself, "Self, this here 15 sounds pretty good for a 15. Nice thick & rich."

Then I grabbed my Dr.Bass Rx2260 (212+6+tweet) and placed it on top,hooked that up too. Played both basses thru em and said,"Cripes Amighty!" This is what I've been missing. The Dr.Bass is clear as a bell but the Traynor adds some real girth. I'm talking Dub and old school Reggae bottom, not that modern processed stuff. I then played my other basses thru this set up and everything sounded that much richer at any volume... L&M is not gettin this one back. The TC115 is one nice sounding, 'bowel shaking' 15 that can do any B string justice. Screw the specs,this thing goes deep. And yes I know I won't be able to use it on every stage. But for rehearsal and places without much PA support this will do the trick. And it's not overbearing.....it's just right for me. Traynor:smilie_flagge17:

Happy Times,
Rezdog

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Right on. I've really grown to like 15" in the last few months, and I've loved Yorkie for awhile.

Just ballpark (since I'm too lazy to inquire with my own dealer), about how much was it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts