The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,ve got a new Tokai CSB Love Rock Custom on the way from JSDs. I have been so impressed with the white one I got last year that when I saw this last new one in Canada up for grabs I just had to jump on it. One of these days I,ll pick up a digital camera and get some pics up. Again great service from Kevin at JSDs. (I may have to sell my Ibanez SZ soon.....poor thing is getting lonely these days)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Cool, what kind of finish does it have? It it a custom colour or sunburst, etc? I've got a Love Rock, a Springysound and a Goldstar Sound myself.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I hear ya Tarl, that's why I picked up the black classic, the goldie I got from Dave was a very nice guitar and it needed a brother... :D Sure am glad I did spring for it , it's one beautiful guitar, plays like a dream and sounds fabulous.

Congrats on the new guitar and yes.... we need some pics..

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys....Kenmac it,s a cherry sunburst.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Tarl, Congrats on the new Guitar!
where is it Made in Japan or Korea, On the East Coast a made in korea love rock will fetch around $700.00 + taxes, Can't seem to find the Made in Japan ones around here. II noticed 3 in a local shop, Orange, Cherry finish and a striking gold top! wow do they ever look great!

FZ1

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It,s a MIK model like my white one. Baconator (a fellow Kingstonian and forum member) has a Japenese LR for sale by the way.

·
Registered
233 Posts
One guitar shaped package coming your way....:rockon2:

Heres a little visual aid.....

I said to myself that I was going to keep this one since it is the last one but I also said that with the last black custom I sold PaulS. I'm just glad you guys are digging them enough for the both of us. :rockon:

Now I just gotta get you guys into the new Roxbury guitars, they are actually a step above the Tokais we sold here in Canada....;)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for posting a pic for the guys. Love those zebras.

·
Registered
233 Posts
J S Moore said:
I don't think they are importing the MIJ Tokai's, are they? I wouldn't mind having one of those.
No, true unaltered MIJ Tokais are only available from Japan. We did have some about 4 or 5 years ago but the Love Rocks were altered to the point where no one wanted them, rounded horns and headstocks, reversed controls and high price...:eek: All Tokai copy styles are discontinued for North America and the line has been dropped so there will be no more Tokais in Canada, MIJ or MIK.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
really depends on how high up you go. their top of the line guitars are as great now as they`ve ever been. I had two unused 150s in my hands, one matte finish the other high gloss and though they were real nice, I wasn`t tempted. only been buying used guitars for quite a while now and since I have a 1978 Tokai les Paul Reborn, I felt the 150s would be a lateral step so I passed...but both have been sold now. if I ever comae across a top end used Tokai...I`ll probably buy it, but most new MIJs don`t appeal to me...there are exceptions of course... like the Van Zandts and a few others but I have been so lucky and already own more great guitars than anybody could ever want in one lifetime. Still...doesn`t stop me from buying the old Yamaha Dynamic acoustics...all solid wood and beautiful little guitars from the 50s and 60s.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2004 MIK Love Rocks

JSD's Guitar Shack said:
No, true unaltered MIJ Tokais are only available from Japan. We did have some about 4 or 5 years ago but the Love Rocks were altered to the point where no one wanted them, rounded horns and headstocks, reversed controls and high price...:eek: All Tokai copy styles are discontinued for North America and the line has been dropped so there will be no more Tokais in Canada, MIJ or MIK.
my serial # is 0401408 which would lead me to believe that it was made in 2004? You are saying that the later MIK ones had the rounded horns and such........mine has the little dimple on the headstock, but other than that it looks like a Paul

·
Registered
233 Posts
Lindsay said:
my serial # is 0401408 which would lead me to believe that it was made in 2004? You are saying that the later MIK ones had the rounded horns and such........mine has the little dimple on the headstock, but other than that it looks like a Paul
No, I was refering to the made for import Japanese ones that were available in Canada. All of the Korean ones we sold, like yours, had the proper body style and dimpled headstock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts