The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I picked up a MIM Classic '60s Strat for $500. Later, someone wanted it and offered me their American Standard Strat for my Classic and $100 so I did the deal. But I figured out that I really am just not a Strat guy and that I far prefer Teles, so today I traded that American Standard Strat for a Classic '50s Lacquer Tele.

While it might seem weird to trade an American Standard for a MIM Classic, the lacquer version sells for $1219+tax and I was only out of pocket $600 for the Strat so I basically got the Tele for just under half price. Plus, I only had a generic hard case for the Strat and the Tele came with a Fender tweed case. In the end, I figured that it was a good deal for me especially as it got me another Tele.

Anyway, based on the "pics or it didn't happen" rule, here is a quick picture of my new Tele:

That guitar makes a perfect companion for my '60s Partscaster Tele:

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Nice Teles, very nice.

Reactions: colchar

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Schweet! nice wheelin' 'n dealin' too... :)

I felt a little weird trading an American Standard for a MIM Classic, but the lacquer ones sell for what that American Standard did when it was new and I didn't pay anywhere close to that price for it in the first place. I figured that having a guitar I wanted outweighed any possible discrepancy in value.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Very cool...but one question (and sorry for my ignorance) but is there a "clear" pickguard on the new tele or none at all?

Either way, looks wicked!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, you come out on top with those deals. I can't believe you got a MIA Strat plus $100 for a MIM Strat.

The deal was my MIM Classic '60s plus $100 from me, for the other guy's American Standard.

I had originally paid $500 for the Classic '60s so, after adding $100, I got the American Standard for $600. I then traded that for the Classic '50s Tele which retails for $1219+tax.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts