The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just thought I'd let everyone know about this website I found last week when I was searching online for something. Here's what they say about themselves on their website:

"What is Auctionmaxx?
We are an online liquidator of unclaimed, misguided and damaged freight, retail surplus, insurance claims and consignments from corporations and individuals. Founded in 2012, our business started with a logical yet simple concept - to save both our customers and clients time and money by combining the convenience of 24/7 online shopping, one location for consolidated pickup, and the expertise of liquidation professionals.

By offering our products on auction without any bidding reserves, buyer's premiums, or pickup fees plus giving a 14 day money back warranty on most goods, you have a peace of mind included with great savings. Located in Toronto, we sell a variety of items from all aspects of consumer and industrial categories. We have a weekly Wednesday night online auction and offer 100's more goods for immediate purchase at a fixed price in our 'Maxx Deals' section. Most goods online are available to be shipped to anywhere in Canada and the U.S.A. We also have a retail liquidation store onsite selling our lower priced consumer goods.

Even though Auctionmaxx is primarily about saving money and time, our goal is to give each customer the best shopping experience possible. With the golden rule being our ultimate policy, we strive to establish long term relationships where we look forward to seeing each other on a regular basis."

The building where they have the items is based in North West Toronto, around the Highway 400 and Wilson area. As stated in the second paragraph, every Wednesday they have an auction that lasts for a few hours. (Hence the name.) It's kind of like a mini EBay. There are also regular deals that you can buy anytime and yes they do sell musical instruments including guitars and basses. When I discovered them last week I was surprised to see they were auctioning off an Epiphone Les Paul which had a broken headstock and people were bidding on it. I guess they were probably luthier/guitar builders who wanted to fix it up and either keep it or re-sell it. The last time I saw the bidding it was up to $71.00. There are a lot of things available there under different categories, Electronics, Kids, Home and Appliances, Phones, Movies, Jewellery, Music (Including Vinyl and CDs), and many more including an Adult section. Ahem. ;)

Here's the Maxx Deals section for the musical instruments: AuctionMaxx Online Auctions Toronto Misguided Freight, Lost in Transit Auctions! - Musical Instruments & Gear

And here's the auction section for the musical instruments: AuctionMaxx Online Auctions Toronto Misguided Freight, Lost in Transit Auctions! - Musical Instruments & Gear

As always you have to separate the wheat from the chaff. I've seen a few items that I wouldn't pay a nickel for and what looks like a good deal at first may be an item that is in pretty rough shape, has dents, scratches, even broken or missing parts but with a little looking around you may just find a genuine bargain. From what I've seen these "rough" items are the exception and not the rule. BTW this is one of those websites where you might go to check for something and think you'll be there for a short time but a half hour later, or more, you're still checking out items on the website. If this sounds interesting to you check it out at AuctionMaxx Online Auctions Toronto Misguided Freight, Lost in Transit Auctions!

You can even sign up if you want to bid on auctions or even click on something you like to reserve it and either have it shipped to you or go to the warehouse and buy it in person. You do have to have photo I.D. if you're picking the item up at the warehouse.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts