The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to get myself a new acoustic for stage use.

I tried about fifteen low to mid priced electric acoustics and settled on an Ibanez.

The pickup sounds fantastic (Fishman design) and has an XLR out. It also has a built in tuner and three band eq with parametric mid. It has a nice deep chunky bottom end.

The neck is a lovely wide thing. It definitely plays much nicer than what I've been using.

Made in China. I doubt I could afford a guitar this good made domestically.

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You mentioned a while back that you were looking....I would have put money on you going with a Godin A-series, or the acousticaster. How well does this Ibanez reject feedback?

Will you go straight into the board with a mic cord, or will this be wireless too? Or do you use a guitar stand to hold it in playing position?

My solution was to install the LR Baggs X-Bridge on my Stratocaster. I keep the trem blocked with extra springs, and I now have an electric guitar with piezo transducers in the bridge saddles for acoustic-y sounds.

I go direct to PA, up until now with a Phantom powered DI, but with the Ibanez I'll just use a mic cord. That's how I tried it in the store and I got great sounds.

I never have problems with electric acoustics feeding back. I seem to recall having to put rubber plugs or tape over the sound holes many years ago
(80's) but not since then. Either I know how to eq things better now or the technology in the pickups and preamps is just much better.

probably a little of both.

I wouldn't mind trying a transducer equipped bridge, maybe on my Tele, but I find with single coil pickups I'm able to get really nice clean tones, not really acousticky, but close.

I like the physical nature of playing a nice acoustic. If you learn how to hit them just right (not too hard, not too light) you can really get them to resonate well. It's a nice change from EMG driven solid bodies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts