The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time for me. Cannibis Rex ( i think thats the way to spell it) 50 watter. Picked it up for a SS Peavey amp that needed some love. Sounds pretty good. Anyone else use these?

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
I have one, I like it. Very popular speaker that seems to be a suggested upgrade in a lot of amps. The only time I didn't like it was when a friend complained it made his Classic 30 too dark, I agreed. The C30 lost some of the top end that they usually have. It does nicely mellow out some amps though.

·
Premium Member
18,789 Posts
Those were apparently one of Eminence's best recent sellers. They eventually brought out a 10" version.
Some find them too dark and warm. Personally, I like that.

ENJOY!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I bought one to put in my Garnet Rebel a few weeks back when someone announced a big sale on Amazon. Haven't installed it yet. Maybe over the Christmas holiday.

Reactions: marcos

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Picked up a 16 ohm during Amazons sale. Going to put it in a empty 1x12 and try it with various amps.

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
I bought one to put in my Garnet Rebel a few weeks back when someone announced a big sale on Amazon. Haven't installed it yet. Maybe over the Christmas holiday.
FYI. People replace the stock Marslands in Garnets because they find them too dark. Maybe a C Rex isnt quite as dark, but somehow i think its pretty close. Thats why folks end up with Celeations in them all the time. Peersonally i like the Marslands.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems to really have warmed up, for a lack of better words, my little Peavey Backstage 50 SS amp. Looking forward to gigging it.

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
I put one in my Fender SuperSonic 22. Took the bright “unliked” sound I had going on & turned it into a thing of beauty.
Congrats @marcos , enjoy.

Reactions: marcos
1 - 8 of 8 Posts