The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really impressed by the quality and price of this sour mash head cabinet I just bought for my mesa tremoverb combo to head conversion. That combo is just too heavy!

If anyone else is considering it I'd suggest sour mash. $220 US before shipping. Not 3/4 ply but I think it's overrated for a head cab anyways, there is no sound reproduction happening here. He worked well with me over email and now has a template for these amps. My only regret is that I should have gotten a custom grill back instead of trying to reuse the aluminum bar that came with these amps. pics below. Mesa symbol transferred from the combo. Brown dogbone handle looks great and the mesa style tolex he uses looks and feels like the same stuff mesa uses.
Musical instrument Typewriter Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Office equipment
Musical instrument Office equipment Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Audio equipment

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also made it ~ 1" too tall,. But I wanted to make sure had room for the reverb tank etc. It's nice and light too!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts