The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I'm new to the forums here. I'm 40 now, took a few years' worth of guitar lessons back in my early 20s and never did get too far with it. I'm married now, have a son who will be 10 soon. His little buddies are taking drum and guitar lessons so I think he wants to try too.

I have an old (late 80s?) Marshall 5010 amp and a Yamaha electric and an older hand-me-down Yamaha acoustic (early 70s?). A cousin gave me the acoustic and an original wah-wah pedal.

I have a couple of questions for some locals if there are any. Where would be a decent place for guitar/music lessons for my son? Next, is there anyone around that would be able to fix the old wah pedal or should I Ebay it? And last, what would my Marshall be worth if I sold it? It's been sitting for a while and I think the knobs are dirty internally because it's scratchy (like an old radio) when you play with the volume.

Thanks, Aldo

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
hey welcome to the forums.:wave: have fun posting here.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
alldz said:
Hello
I'm new to the forums here. I'm 40 now, took a few years' worth of guitar lessons back in my early 20s and never did get too far with it. I'm married now, have a son who will be 10 soon. His little buddies are taking drum and guitar lessons so I think he wants to try too.

I have an old (late 80s?) Marshall 5010 amp and a Yamaha electric and an older hand-me-down Yamaha acoustic (early 70s?). A cousin gave me the acoustic and an original wah-wah pedal.

I have a couple of questions for some locals if there are any. Where would be a decent place for guitar/music lessons for my son? Next, is there anyone around that would be able to fix the old wah pedal or should I Ebay it? And last, what would my Marshall be worth if I sold it? It's been sitting for a while and I think the knobs are dirty internally because it's scratchy (like an old radio) when you play with the volume.

Thanks, Aldo
Welcome Sir, glad to have you with us. The Ontario Conservatory of Music in the Falls is not bad. Been years since I was out there though. Your pedal can probably be fixed at one of many locations, or maybe even by one of the forumites here.

I don't have an opinion on the amp, not familiar with that one.

Welcome again. :wave:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcomes!

I should have a chance to take some pictures over the long weekend of this stuff then I can post some more questions.

Aldo

·
Premium Member
13,023 Posts
Niagra Falls! Slowly I turned! Step by step! Inch by inch! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts