The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When looking under My Profile, Discussions, to find posts I have previously created the resulting list of posts seems to be in wildly-random order rather than date-sorted with latest first as it has always been.

·
Administrator
244 Posts
When looking under My Profile, Discussions, to find posts I have previously created the resulting list of posts seems to be in wildly-random order rather than date-sorted with latest first as it has always been.
They are still working on improving our profiles pages.

lick on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are still working on improving our profiles pages.

lick on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket
Whether I get there by your method above, or by clicking my avatar - My Profile - Discussions as I usually do, the list of my previous posts is wildly-random.

Just now the first post listed in the results was one I published eight months old, the second post listed was my message to you above, and the third post listed was one I published in 2015! If I leave the results list and repeat the search the result list is completely different.

The display of previous posts has always been sorted by date in descending order, including since the changeover to the new software. Only very recently has the site begun producing this random and unhelpful result.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whether I get there by your method above, or by clicking my avatar - My Profile - Discussions as I usually do, the list of my previous posts is wildly-random.

Just now the first post listed in the results was one I published eight months old, the second post listed was my message to you above, and the third post listed was one I published in 2015! If I leave the results list and repeat the search the result list is completely different.

The display of previous posts has always been sorted by date in descending order, including since the changeover to the new software. Only very recently has the site begun producing this random and unhelpful result.

Thanks.
@GCAdmin1 OK, I just did it again and something has changed. The posts are now sorted by date in descending order as they should be but the results list is displaying ONLY the first post in threads that I have created myself. It should be - and was until recently - showing all of my previous posts in all threads, not just the threads I started.

·
Administrator
244 Posts
If you are using the method I showed you, you can choose a different tab to click.

- Cricket

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are using the method I showed you, you can choose a different tab to click.
View attachment 328306
- Cricket
Sorry Cricket but I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

If I follow the path you've indicated just above, the resulting list shows just six threads. I haven't deliberately followed ANY threads here, including the six displayed, though I have participated in some of those six threads.

Worse, the function that worked fine until very recently - the Discussions link I described above that allowed me to review all of my posts here from newest to oldest - no longer produces ANY posts! When I go there it now displays the message that I have not recently contributed ANY content. Yikes. That's even worse than yesterday!

Can you understand that I'm looking for a way to review at least my most recent hundred posts or so - ALL of them - so I can return to threads to see further discussion and/or to recall/reuse what I've posted? Nothing you've suggested does that, and I don't see anything else that does it. I've done it for for as long as I've been here, including since the software upgrade. Are you deliberately removing it?

·
Administrator
15,988 Posts
Sorry Cricket but I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

If I follow the path you've indicated just above, the resulting list shows just six threads. I haven't deliberately followed ANY threads here, including the six displayed, though I have participated in some of those six threads.

Worse, the function that worked fine until very recently - the Discussions link I described above that allowed me to review all of my posts here from newest to oldest - no longer produces ANY posts! When I go there it now displays the message that I have not recently contributed ANY content. Yikes. That's even worse than yesterday!

Can you understand that I'm looking for a way to review at least my most recent hundred posts or so - ALL of them - so I can return to threads to see further discussion and/or to recall/reuse what I've posted? Nothing you've suggested does that, and I don't see anything else that does it. I've done it for for as long as I've been here, including since the software upgrade. Are you deliberately removing it?
I assume you've looked under "recent activity" in your profile? Mine seems to go back pretty far. I got tired of clicking "older results".

·
Administrator
244 Posts
Did you click on the My Discussions and Participated Discussions tab?

Also on your profile page, I see quite a few.

- Cricket

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I assume you've looked under "recent activity" in your profile? Mine seems to go back pretty far. I got tired of clicking "older results".
That includes everything I've done, such as every Reaction / Like, and yes, Older Results gets old REALLY fast.

The old site AND the new one displayed full pages listing all of my previous posts, and links across the bottom would let me quickly browse through ten full pages of those. The old site, at least, would also then let me go back even further and get ANOTHER ten pages of older posts... don't know if I tried that with the new site.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Did you click on the My Discussions and Participated Discussions tab?
Also on your profile page, I see quite a few.
- Cricket
I did not. I just tried those options.

They do show many more posts than the Followed Discussions you recommended in post #5 above, but both My Discussions and Participated Discussions are listed in apparently-random order instead of by date descending, making it difficult to determine if those options are showing ALL of my posts or just a sample post from threads in which I have participated.

Click avatar, My Profile, Discussions was doing this perfectly until recently.

EDIT: I just checked that (avatar, My Profile, Discussions) and it is no longer reporting that I haven't posted any content recently as it did yesterday. Looks like it's back to listing the first post of just threads that I have started. Wow. Lots of fiddling happening back there.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Hover over avatar. Click on either 'replies' or 'discussions created'.
Works for seeing anyones posts, not just your own. Not sure how far back it goes.
There is also a tab for 'most recent' or 'most relevent' there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts