The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an RG470 HSH, and I want to upgrade the pickups. right now I've got the stock single coil and EMG selects in the humbuckers. I'm thinking of going Dimarzio. And I'm thinking about either the Super Distortion or the X2N in the bridge, Breed Neck in the Neck position, and maybe the Chopper for the single coil. Anybody ever used these, or have any suggestions? Thx for the help. BTW, I play mostly rock.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Anything is better than EMG Selects. You should consider real EMGs, but for DiMarzio, it all depends on what tone you want. I really like the Super Disortion model, but it sucks if you want clean tones. Its all a matter of taste too. Lots of people like the Tone Zone, but everytime I've gotten a Tone Zone, I have hated it. You may want to consider some Duncans as well..........

·
Registered
561 Posts
For a few bucks more, you could get a pickup that was wound by a master builder using the best components voiced exactly for your needs.....The big boys may say they have economies of scale BUT those full color ads and all the endorsement feebies are built into your price.....and there are some stellar pickups out there. One of the best ways to make a guitar sing to it's full potential!!!!

Andy

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for the feedback, and yeah, I know the selects suck. I thought that most EMG pickups were active though. And I'm not that worried about not getting a great clean tone because I have a G-400 that has a pretty nice tone IMO.
Andy, I only paid $350 for the guitar, I didn't wanna spend too much on the pickups.

What are Steve's Specials?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts