The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The itch has hit me again so I placed an order with Cosmo yesterday to build a board around the new UAFX line as well as employing the HX stomp for a few specific roles. Here's the plan:

Actually, I'm going to shift the Kilt up a bit and put a 2 button aux switch for tuner and something else on the Stomp.

The HX will only be used for amps/IR's and routing. I'll have three patches, one for home practice, one for mono gigs and one for W/D/W rigs where my Two Rock Studio Sig handles the dry bits and the HX handles the effects.

I'm excited about getting my hands on the UA pedals. The demos sound great and I've learned over time that switching pedals and presets are pretty wasted on me. Give me two great sounds from any of those pedals per set and I'll be a happy guy. There's a good chance the OD pedals will evolve over time but that's part for the course. These choices represent the core sounds I come back to time and time again.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great Tim! Any reason you love those temple audio boards over something like pedal trains?
I love the modules. They keep my in's and outs organized and I also use their CIOKS power supply units. Takes up less space on top or underneath the board and powers everything really well.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dig it. The Starlight in particular has caught my interest.

I admire the more simplified approach compared to the spaceships I typically put together.
I've had plenty of space ships, trust me. Mostly I just hate having to use menus and software. Also, I feel sheepish having a board any bigger than this.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
The Starlight is great, loving the sounds I’ve been getting with it. Curious about the others more now.

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
@TimH , signal chain? Dirt on front, new pedals on the HX loop?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@TimH , signal chain? Dirt on front, new pedals on the HX loop?
Dirt pedals -> HX input -> HX loop outs (split for W/D) -> Wet Side to UA pedals (split to stereo) -> HX loop returns

So the HX can sum to mono or run two virtual wet amps in a W/D/W rig OR just bused as a stereo digital rig.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts