The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally got a Joyo Ultimate Drive, thinking it was versatile enough to get a low distortion crunch. But even with the knob all the way down, it was still too much. That thing IS a distortion pedal. What I need is a mellow overdrive.

I just sold it and got a Sweet Baby Overdrive. Now we're talking ! As the name says, it give a sweet overdrive, mellow even at max drive settings when the tone (Focus) knob is down to minimum. I really like this one, almost better than the Tube Screamer, as it doesn't color your tone. When combined to the amp gain, it can go real wild and bright with gradually pushing the Focus knob. No shrillness in that little pink box though. Love it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Back in the day when I was first starting out, it would have been awesome to have pedals like Joyo & Mooer. I remember there being a few pedal lines that were relatively inexpensive like DOD & the Ibanez Soundtank line but they had no where near the selection that Joyo & Mooer have.

·
Registered
14,374 Posts
If it does what you want it to do--then cool...

Enjoy!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Back in the day when I was first starting out, it would have been awesome to have pedals like Joyo & Mooer. I remember there being a few pedal lines that were relatively inexpensive like DOD & the Ibanez Soundtank line but they had no where near the selection that Joyo & Mooer have.
so true...this is the golden age for players...I cannot ever remember any era such as today...the options in regards to pedals alone is virtually endless

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
I agree with the selection. For some though it's interfered with their playing time.

We can all have our favorite part of this hobby of guitars. Some it's the gear, some it's the listening and collecting and some it's the playing. Or a combo of their favorites.

I have known some to (IMO) waste time with gear setup etc... and not center themselves on playing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts