The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been piecing this parts Esquire together for the past 18 months or so. It started out as a Fender MIM Lacquer Classic 50s blonde Telecaster that a previous owner put a belly cut in and then stripped to the wood. It was then "rescued" and sprayed in red sparkle by @JonnyD. That's when I acquired it. I aged all the parts, did a light relic, bought a Seymour Duncan BG-1400 (Billy Gibbons) from @Otis double U and he was even kind enough to drop it in for me. I then put all the parts in a box where it sat in a closet for about 14 months:)

A few weeks ago, I started thinking I should really assemble all the parts and make it into an actual functioning guitar. What I didn't realize is that in order to install the Bigsby I needed a notched bridge. I didn't have a notched bridge and I really liked the look of the one that I had already aged. I was mentioning this to @Swervin55 one day and he said, "I can notch that one for you." And he did. (See action shot below of @Swervin55 grinding the bridge in his garage.) I then heard that @MS41R8 had lacquered and tinted a few '51 style baseball bat-sized Allparts necks so I picked one up for him.

It might not be for everybody, but I love this guitar. It's a total Frankenstein and I owe a big thank you to some pretty cool GCers. Thanks for the help.
IMG_3807.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

IMG_3935.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

Marvin_Sparklecaster.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,608 Posts
It might not be for everybody, but I love this guitar. It's a total Frankenstein and I owe a big thank you to some pretty cool GCers. Thanks for the help.
Congrats on a great looking and rather unique guitar!

Wonderful that so many GC forum members are a part of making it happen.

ENJOY!!

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts