The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been piecing this parts Esquire together for the past 18 months or so. It started out as a Fender MIM Lacquer Classic 50s blonde Telecaster that a previous owner put a belly cut in and then stripped to the wood. It was then "rescued" and sprayed in red sparkle by @JonnyD. That's when I acquired it. I aged all the parts, did a light relic, bought a Seymour Duncan BG-1400 (Billy Gibbons) from @Otis double U and he was even kind enough to drop it in for me. I then put all the parts in a box where it sat in a closet for about 14 months:)

A few weeks ago, I started thinking I should really assemble all the parts and make it into an actual functioning guitar. What I didn't realize is that in order to install the Bigsby I needed a notched bridge. I didn't have a notched bridge and I really liked the look of the one that I had already aged. I was mentioning this to @Swervin55 one day and he said, "I can notch that one for you." And he did. (See action shot below of @Swervin55 grinding the bridge in his garage.) I then heard that @MS41R8 had lacquered and tinted a few '51 style baseball bat-sized Allparts necks so I picked one up for him.

It might not be for everybody, but I love this guitar. It's a total Frankenstein and I owe a big thank you to some pretty cool GCers. Thanks for the help.
Guitar String instrument String instrument Electric guitar Musical instrument

Guitar Electric guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument

String instrument Guitar Musical instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

String instrument Musical instrument Electric guitar String instrument Guitar

Mechanic Auto part Engineering Vehicle Engine

·
Premium Member
18,785 Posts
It might not be for everybody, but I love this guitar. It's a total Frankenstein and I owe a big thank you to some pretty cool GCers. Thanks for the help.
Congrats on a great looking and rather unique guitar!

Wonderful that so many GC forum members are a part of making it happen.

ENJOY!!

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts