The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an orange 4x12 (loaded with 4 vintage 30's) last week. I gigged it this past Fri/Sat night at a local bar. Wow! Its a great amp on its own, but with the cab it freaking ROCKS! Unbelieveable sound...

We let a young band (20- ish guys) play a few songs during one of our breaks in between sets, I got to hear it sitting in the crowd. It sounded even better than when I was up on stage in front of it.

New stuff is cool... :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
It also looks pretty sexy when most other bands have black-on-black amps (hell, mine's black-on-silver).

How does it sound with humbucker-loaded guitars?

·
Premium Member
13,030 Posts
They are British.

http://www.orangeamps.com/

They have them at Steve's Music on Queen West. I think they may be just a little pricier than a Marshall - but I could be wrong

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most of my guitars are HB equipped... Just my home made LP Jr has a P90 (awesome sound, its a rio grande bluesbar) and two of mine have TV JOnes classics in them. with the exception of my tele and strat which I dont use all that much.

All the pickups sound great to me ears. The amp has a very rich, full sound across the entire frequencies. The cab just adds more bottom end and "fullness" to the sound. You can feel it man!

I know my Orange R30 cost me almost twice what I paid for my Marshall JCM DR 50 watt combo, and I got a deal on the R30.

AJC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts