The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trash Frankencaster
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking sort of, about a new Olympic sport : GLOWERING.
There could be different categories.
Glowering at Friends and Neighbors
Glowering at stays Dogs or Cats
Glowering at Public Officials.
Glowering at Law Enforcement suspects and or Persons of Interest
Glowering at outdoor Walls or Walk Ways
Glowering at family pets
Glowering at a Glass of Water
Glowering at Parking Meters and Traffic Wardens
Glowering at Olympic Judges
Glowering at a vase of dead flowers.

A Panel of 10 judges could judge the participants performances.
No Medals would be awarded,
Participants winning in their Davison's would be awarded
25.4 centimeter personal Pizzas:
first place, 4 toppings,
second place 2 toppings
third place just cheese.
Black Hat Font Suit Blazer

·
Premium Member
11,553 Posts
It would be interesting to see who would win...old men, or middle aged housewives ie "karens"?

·
Banned
14,099 Posts

TOKYO—In a stunning upset, the Canada Women's soccer team has beaten the U.S. Women's team for a shot at the Olympic gold. They felt kind of bad for doing this, so they apologized very politely.

"Listen—no hard feelings, eh?" said Canada team captain Christine Sinclair. "We had a bit of a kerfuffle with your goalie for sure, so we're soory aboot that. And then we destroyed you 1-0! Ouch, soory. Sometimes these things happen and we just play a little better than you, eh?"

The U.S. Women's Team screamed and cried in despair claiming that racism and sexism are more likely to blame for the loss.

"Those dirty Canucks haven't seen the last of me, I'll have my reveeennnggee!" cried Megan Rapinoe angrily, although she later acknowledged her team may have lost because they had decided to boycott scoring goals for the cause of social justice.

The Canada team then brought the U.S. team to Tim Hortons to make them feel a little better.

Reactions: Midnight Rider

·
Premium Member
Trash Frankencaster
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The mighty U.S women's team agreed among themselves not to score in protest over recism ad $ inequity with the men's team Their cause is at an elevated level compared to simply winning or losing .
Any one that plays them gets the W for the game rest assured.
Yes to the U.S. women's team for their protest to unethical behaviors .

·
Banned
14,099 Posts
The mighty U.S women's team agreed among themselves not to score in protest over recism ad $ inequity with the men's team Their cause is at an elevated level compared to simply winning or losing .
TOKYO—People were stunned after the U.S. women's soccer team lost to Sweden in the Olympics this week by a score of 3-0—until the team revealed they are boycotting scoring any goals until racism is defeated.

"Yeah, we didn't score any goals against Sweden last night, but that was totally on purpose," said star player and beloved activist Megan Rapinoe. "This isn't the time to score goals—when America is still racist. We totally could have beaten Sweden but we decided as a team that no goals will be scored until complete equality has been achieved in America. Also, we demand a hefty raise."

Onlookers were stunned during the second half of the game when Rapinoe dribbled the ball all the way to Sweden's unprotected goal and whispered "This is for you, people of color," before kicking the ball straight into the air and running headfirst into the goalpost.

"This may be one of the most powerful performances in the history of sports," said Teen Vogue's sportswriter who has never watched sports.

The U.S. Women's team is demanding to remain in the Olympic tournament and promises to continue its streak of zero goals. Inspiring!

Reactions: Midnight Rider

·
Premium Member
Trash Frankencaster
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol W. S. would be proud.
Lol W. S. would be proud.
I wish I had enough courage and grit to act as the Championship Soccer (Football team has demonstrated.
Perhaps they are suggesting the if we all chose in our own way to follow the integrity of their sterlin example the world could change.
Way back in the prehistoric times of the mid-sixties I was told that I had to go to vietman , Laos ad Cambodia and kill the people that lived there.
I resisted conscription and invading the countries of other peoples. I did not do it. I figured an honest way to be excused , it was against my spiritual beliefs and the Pasadena draft board said , o.k. you don't have to do it.
I don't think that with or with out their consent I would not have complied to any of their demands.
I knew something a lot of people didn't understand.
For me the war was over
But without him, how would Hitler have condemned them at La Val?
Without him Caesar would have stood alone
He's the one who gives his body as a weapon of the war
And without him all this killing can't go on
He's the universal soldier and he really is to blame
His orders come from far away, no more
They come from here and there, and you and me
And brothers, can't you see?
This is not the way we put the end to war
song written by Buffy St, Marie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts