The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
I’m Sam and I’m a mid 50s aged gentleman who has loved guitars and music all of my life
I’m based in downtown TO and I’m employed as a sales rep and my customer visits have me roaming throughout Ontario so if I can help with deliveries I’m pleased to pitch in. It looks like the members on this forum always try to help and support each other
I’ve been out of the hobby for a while but my love for guitars has never been far from my heart.
Currently I’m looking to make some connections with the great forum members here and hopefully bulk up my vintage guitar collection
Best wishes and thanks for creating such a great place to connect
- Sam

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Very warm welcome to you Sam.
You will find wonderful people on this forum!

Tell us more about yourself. What are you playing, how often, what music do you like...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Folks - such a warm welcome - many thanks for that
My likes for music are generally steered towards classic rock but no shredding for me !
My taste is listening to music is more centered on jazz and I even like R&B and some blues.
One of my other collecting hobbies is vintage stereo gear but I seldom turn up the music too loudly !
I have a Tele and a Fender acoustic but I see a nice Les Paul in my future ... except the ones that I like are pretty high price so I guess that means that I have good taste eh ?!
I hope to keep active on the forum - thanks again - I will add a profile pic soon !

·
Premium Member
17,830 Posts
Currently I’m looking to make some connections with the great forum members here and hopefully bulk up my vintage guitar collection
Welcome to the forum!
Someone is bound to ask you for more information about your vintage guitars (including pics)...so I will start.

In order to post pics directly from your computer, you will need to purchase a Gold membership ($15.00/year). However, that membership also comes with other advantages.

ENJOY the GC forum!

Cheers

Dave
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.41.28 AM.png

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have been listening to a lot of jazz during the past few years and am trying to learn some jazz guitar chords. There are a few other forum members that are jazz enthusiasts. We need to compare notes!
I agree with you about getting some inspiration about jazz licks from other members @greco because I struggle with the actual playing of jazz : ) I am too much in my head and I think that I need to "let go" and hear the music more that I have allowed myself to do so far ...
Glad that you are listening and trying !

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum!
Someone is bound to ask you for more information about your vintage guitars (including pics)...so I will start.

In order to post pics directly from your computer, you will need to purchase a Gold membership ($15.00/year). However, that membership also comes with other advantages.

ENJOY the GC forum!

Cheers

Dave
View attachment 239778
Thanks for the tip @greco ! I just upgraded !

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Hi Folks
I’m Sam and I’m a mid 50s aged gentleman who has loved guitars and music all of my life
I’m based in downtown TO and I’m employed as a sales rep and my customer visits have me roaming throughout Ontario so if I can help with deliveries I’m pleased to pitch in. It looks like the members on this forum always try to help and support each other
I’ve been out of the hobby for a while but my love for guitars has never been far from my heart.
- Sam
Welcome Sam and 50ish is not old. I should know, I’m there myself and feel like a spring chicken.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sam. If you have any photos of your gear feel free to post them. We like gear photos around here. :)

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Hi Folks
- Sam
Mid fifties? You're just a kid.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts