The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,185 Posts
I'm digging the new line of Deans... you can see all the new ones for '07 on the first section here: http://www.deanguitars.com/electrics.htm

I plan on getting this:



I wish they'd make Matt Heafy's custom Razorback, that thing looks amazing.



Tasteful yet hardcore, lol. I don't like any of the current Razorback's aside from the two tone ones... all the other ones are just too over the top for me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,063 Posts
I have an original 1981 Dean E'Lite Deluxe, and it's the nicest guitar I have personally played. Anyone who picks it up tends to agree. I played one of the Dean Time Capsules which are one of the high end current line and it was beautiful.

You can find vintage ones for way less then $5000, but they didn't make a single cut back then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,185 Posts
Hey, it's TDU, lol. Is that the sweet blue one you've got or am I thinking of someone else? Whoever it was, that was one sexy guitar.

Only Dean in this house at the moment is my step dad's Dean Hollywood 'Z', zebra finish, feels, sounds and plays really nice. He usually just keeps it in the case though (it's a shame, really, it's my favorite guitar he owns... well, besides the cracked mirror Iceman).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
violation said:
I'm digging the new line of Deans... you can see all the new ones for '07 on the first section here: http://www.deanguitars.com/electrics.htm

I plan on getting this:



I wish they'd make Matt Heafy's custom Razorback, that thing looks amazing.



Tasteful yet hardcore, lol. I don't like any of the current Razorback's aside from the two tone ones... all the other ones are just too over the top for me.

if you got the $$$$$$$$, you can have it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEAN-USA-WHITE-AND-GOLD-RAZORBACK_W0QQitemZ320109896406QQihZ011QQcategoryZ41435QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Fugly. I don't know, I guess I just don't get Deans. Years ago my other guitarist picked-up one of the original Vee-shaped ones for $250. It had a really thin/narrow neck that was so rubbery it was almost impossible to play the thing in tune. I guess that soured me right off the top...Eric
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,967 Posts
I think the prices are expensive because all the guitars are built elsewhere. Last time I checked they were subbing all their building for their US models with US Custom guitars in Wisconsin................
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,063 Posts
Eric Pykala said:
Fugly. I don't know, I guess I just don't get Deans. Years ago my other guitarist picked-up one of the original Vee-shaped ones for $250. It had a really thin/narrow neck that was so rubbery it was almost impossible to play the thing in tune. I guess that soured me right off the top...Eric

Most vintage Deans I have played have some of the thickest, V shaped necks I have every played.

As mentioned every detail of mine is perfect. Right down to the nitro finish.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
torndownunit said:
Most vintage Deans I have played have some of the thickest, V shaped necks I have every played.

As mentioned every detail of mine is perfect. Right down to the nitro finish.

Ditto - I certainly never heard anyone before saying Dean necks were thin :confused-smiley-010 . The vintage ones had a great, fat V profile that is now used for the Time Capsule ones. That's actually the main reason I own one - I can't play on thin necks.

Cheers,
B
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,063 Posts
Ya, exactly. It's a wide, and thick V profile. One of my favourite neck styles I have played. My neighbour had 2 Dean V's, both from the 80's and they were the same. Not saying anyone is telling a lie or anything, I am just questioning if it's an original. A lot of the 90's RI's I tried did have thin necks on them.
 

·
Registered
Peavey Wolfgang EVH Wolfgang Charvel Style 2
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Just had a sit down with a Dean EVO Exotic Bearl. Very nice guitar. I tend to like the Deans without the BIG V CAN YOU SEE ME OVER HEAR HEADSTOCK.
The Michael Batio sig is very cool looking Armourflame... cool metal graphics for sure.

"Most vintage Deans I have played have some of the thickest, V shaped necks I have every played.

As mentioned every detail of mine is perfect. Right down to the nitro finish."

Now thas a nice Dean...

Khing
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top