The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we all heard of beats by dre right? Well the thing is my younger brother one year got a red set of beats for Christmas but to my surprise the aux cable said monster . I could never justify paying for a pair of beats so for years I wOuld look at the parent company monster but I still couldn't justify spending over a hundred dollars on a set of headphones but to my shock when we went today they were on sale. So I bought my self a pair of candy blueberry passive monsters lol. Not as the quality as the brothers $300 beats but much better than my last I paid $70 for lol. Said thing is two or three weeks ago I just bought a set of Bluetooth headphones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
18,201 Posts
I hope they work well!

In the audio world, the Beats headphones are actually not well regarded at all. So long as your brother likes them!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope they work well!

In the audio world, the Beats headphones are actually not well regarded at all. So long as your brother likes them!
I actually plan on buying some recording headphones from long and mcquaid after my parts for my telly all land in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I'm a fan of the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO

they sound good, and have fantastic isolation. So you can be recording a loud amp & still hear the track etc

they are also good as a listening headphone

not much more than $100

anyone who buys BEATS surely has not done much detective work on headphones. they may as well have a big sign on their forehead that says:

LOOK, I"M A SHEEP!!

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
I'm a fan of the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO

they sound good, and have fantastic isolation. So you can be recording a loud amp & still hear the track etc

they are also good as a listening headphone

not much more than $100
I have been doing some research for a new set of headphones and that is the model that I have decided on. It seems to get the best reviews for that price range.

Reactions: bolero

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I have been doing some research for a new set of headphones and that is the model that I have decided on. It seems to get the best reviews for that price range.
yeah and they are a lot cheaper now...I think when I bought mine they were $160

I also have a pair of HD 598 which are very good, but no isolation and I'd still give the nod to the HD 280

·
Premium Member
12,970 Posts
Here's what you need.......

upload_2017-4-8_15-8-31.jpeg

But get a size that doesn't keep falling off!

Reactions: bolero

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
yeah and they are a lot cheaper now...I think when I bought mine they were $160

I also have a pair of HD 598 which are very good, but no isolation and I'd still give the nod to the HD 280
I have a pair of Sony MDR XD-200's at the moment. They are pretty decent but not in the same league as the HD280's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts