The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have GAS already. I own a D800, a 1x15 and [email protected] 2x10 Subways, and previously owned the 1x12 and the D800+. The whole line is incredible sounding, yes expensive, but super good quality too.

They just announced the long wished for higher power version of the Walkabout, using the Subway power section but the WA pre and other features. Concurrently, they announced Subway 4x10 (925W, 55 lbs), vertical 2x12 (800W, 52 lbs) and vertical 2x15 (800W, 60 lbs).

And a new Subway '+' preamp, not sure the exact name but I saw a pic and it had everything missing on the original pre, like HPF and sweepable mids.

The WD800 is said to not at all sound like the Subway heads, those are inspired by the Carbine sound whereas the Walkabout is its own thing, a fuller rounder sound generally and widely loved for its tone, but long felt to be underpowered.

I don't need any new gear. I don't need any new gear.

All the specs, dimensions, etc. are here MESA/Boogie®

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thankfully, the good folk at Mesa make sure that they price things appropriately enough to keep the riff raff like me away...

Reactions: keto

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understood, and I said expensive, but that said I have owned about 12 Mesa guitar and bass amps, about half new, but have never felt I didn’t get my money’s worth except once. And if I knew then what I know now about speakers, I wouldn’t have made that mistake, pairing a Stiletto with brand new V30s in a 4x12 was very bright and no dialing it out.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Loved the tone of the Walkabout....just didn't move enough air. The new Mesa offering sounds like it could be, very, very good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts