The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll call her "Baby Gretsch" for now since shes the new one.. only until I can come up with a name for her.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Nice guitar!! I've kinda been lucky with that guitar, I've never seen one in person. Which is good cause I would buy it on the spot even if I didn't have the money for it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shes a beauty. i think i'm going to take the pick guard off.

the first major work that will be done to it will be a new nut.. then i'll decide if it needs new tuners etc.

It probably needs better pickups, but i'm enjoying the sound out of them right now, so i'll wait for that.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Nice guitar Mike. I got a new "addition" last Friday. I'll be posting some pictures of it in a few minutes.

I'll call her "Baby Gretsch" for now since shes the new one.. only until I can come up with a name for her.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Auger, you may have something there. Gretchen might be it.. I need to find a new pinup girl sticker for the pick guard like my tele "rose".

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shes in the shop right now getting a new bone nut. After that i'm going to re evaluate the tuners situation and consider upgrading them.. She should be stage ready by then.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey flashpunk....
gretchen seemed like a suitable name for such a beautiful girl.....lol
you will have to put up a couple more pictures when you get her back....

hey by any chance is your dad a teacher?

Auger

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Negative,
my dad plays guitar but not nearly good enough to be a teacher.. he's in windsor too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Orange Power

Oh man I have been having gas for awhile for a orange semi a Gretsch with a Bigsby and you go and tease me with yours? No FairDrool

Kudos to you on one smooth looking axe:rockon2:

Happy NGD!!1:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey flashpunk...
sorry I meant school teacher....
I know a guy with the same last name and first name rusty....
used to teach at a local school....here...
he had a bunch of boys....though maybe just maybe....lol

Auger

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ahh, i see.. nope, no family that I know of was a school teacher.. I have some family working at UofC in Ottawa..

who knows, maybe its my long lost family

1 - 20 of 25 Posts