The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all members! Name is B-rock and I’m a big fan of Japanese guitars and have been following the market for about 10 years. Have made the odd eBay purchase but deal mainly with Craigslist and Kijiji ads locally. Not much good stuff recently so I found this site and hope to maybe buy and sell a little. I sent a message to StevieMac regarding his Greco custom so we’ll see where that goes. This year I’ve bought a JV st57-65 strat and a 2013 54 ri strat. I sold an ‘83 Ibanez am50 and an Olympic white Jimmie Vaughan strat. Might regret that last one! Would like to hear back if you have time and thanks for the great site!

·
Premium Member
13,079 Posts
Welcome. I like the AM sized semi hollows and I have owned an Olympic White Jimmie Vaughan Stratocaster for 12 years. Likely you will regret the last one IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
I’m just north of you in Squamish. And yeah, a few years ago you could pick up great deals on Japanese guitars in the lower mainland. That seems to have dried up. People want way too much money if there is even a hint it may have been made in Japan. There were some good ones but there were also a lot of dogs. I sold off my MIJ Squiers when they were worth more to collectors than to me as a player. I had an SQ Bullet that was a very nice guitar but the money I got for it financed a newer, nicer guitar.

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Welcome to GC Brock. I can assure you that this is a GREAT place to hang out as the membership is genuinely friendly and always happy to help out. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Welcome !
Are you collector only or do you also enjoy playing your jewels ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello again! I don’t play that much. I like to play at home mainly. I get to the odd jam and stuff but nothing serious. I’ve met a lot of great people though and the music community is pretty cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts