The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello every one.
I am new to this forum. I played guitare a bit when I was a teen. About a month ago I felt my 50th winter was playing with my mind... So I decided to give another try to playing guitar.

I play some blues, hard rock and some clean heavy metal.

I got myself a Blackstar HT20 Studio head with a Blackstar 4x12 cab and I also got a Peavey Valveking VK112. I have an Ovation XT1778 Elite and a ESP LTD MH-1000ET and a (shame) Yamaha RGX121 first gen.

I suck at playing guitar but I like it! :)

If there is anybody in the area looking for a body to play some music or even to ride motorcycle, let me know!

Bye.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What's clean metal? Like Stryper?

Stryper?! What the heck! This was the favourite band of the guy with the 3/4 size Ricky that I mentioned in your other post (son playing Help) today. He always kinda drooled a bit when he said "stryper".

Oh and WELCOME, ERIC!!!

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
Hello every one.
I am new to this forum. I played guitare a bit when I was a teen. About a month ago I felt my 50th winter was playing with my mind... So I decided to give another try to playing guitar.

I play some blues, hard rock and some clean heavy metal.

I got myself a Blackstar HT20 Studio head with a Blackstar 4x12 cab and I also got a Peavey Valveking VK112. I have an Ovation XT1778 Elite and a ESP LTD MH-1000ET and a (shame) Yamaha RGX123 first gen.

I suck at playing guitar but I like it! :)

If there is anybody in the area looking for a body to play some music or even to ride motorcycle, let me know!

Bye.
Welcome to the forum. Been to Three Rivers back in the day, spent most of my visit at the strip club though :)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Welcome. There's players of all levels here...all that matters is you like to play

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Why a shame ? If it plays well and you like it, that's all that matters.

If I can enjoy this one ... you should love your Yamaha.

Ah oui, bienvenue ici.

That's a sweet guitar! What is it, ? Story??

Bienvenue à la communauté GC.

@laristotle you're too funny!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So not to highjack this new member's thread, here is the story of that guitar : Which guitar are you playing today?
Please, fell free to highjack this thread with good stories/pics or anecdotes like this.
I might try to give my RGX a worn look to it. It is inspiring.
I like your guitar and it sounds glorious.

I might swap the humbuckers for P90s on mine. I already got the P90s.
The thing is, I know nothing about electric stuff. My guitar has 2 humbuckers and a single coil in the middle all controled by a 5 ways switch.
In position 2 and 3 the selected humbucker act as a split coil inverted with the single coil in the middle. Now if I swap the humbuckers for P90 I have no idea how to connect everything since my P90s can not be splited. Looking inside the guitar is like looking at a bowl of spaghettis!

Cheer!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts