The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Owen Sound Music Stores

Well, there are a couple newer places within the past 5 years....the original "Fromager" (Dave) moved backin from Nashville and opened a music store. I have purchased 2 Les Pauls and 1 Fender Lonestar from his private collection. Local musician Larry Jensen opened up a shop as well but I don't deal much with him.

Cheers:rockon:

·
Registered
214 Posts
welcome Tomfoolery.....

This is a great site....with lots of informed musicians....

I hope you like it here

Auger

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey..
I'm from the metropolis of Oliphant..
I've dealt with Dave,, got my G&L from him,, and my Eden Nemesis

have dealt with Jensen's too.. both really great dealers... (Jensens is mostly acoustic stuff... nice Roland cubes too)..

welcome !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Owen Sound

Hey BHarris, quite a little music scene in Owen Sound isn't there ! Very impressed in the 15 years I have lived in this area. I play in local band called Tomfoolery that has been kickin around for the past 6 years. I have driven through the metropolis of Oliphant ! Beautiful country we live in up here!
Musically, how do you like the G&L's ? Dave has tried to sell me on them but I am so stuck on the brand name stuff. They do play very nice !

Cheers

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Welcome aboard Bill. Lot's of great people and info here. BTW, I hope the email about my PRSs' were of some help to you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got the G&L bass,, and I am totally sold,, it's hands down the best bass I've ever played,,..(I've asked Dave to order me a JB-2 model when they become available to him,,) I turned down a Fender Jazz 24 bass for the G&L... the tonal capabilities of the L2000 bass is phenomenal, everything from a ric growl to a p-bass thump to a gibson grind... I'm having a blast playing this thing,,,

Dave's got a really nice ASAT 6 string g&L there,,, (semi hollow body, f-hole, telecaster body style,, you've probably played it,,..).. gorgeous piece,,, I've been told it plays better than the fender tele... although I haven't played it..

I really like the birdseye maple Parker he's got in the corner too.. (I hate Parker basses,, but the skinny string models are okay),,

there's so many great players in O.S (and area) ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Mario

Mario, I learned a lot from your e-mail in regards to the PRS line and I really look forward to the PRS DVD ! It's nice to meet people like yourself that go the extra mile for fellow musicians ! My hats off to you. I love your C22 as well. I think I have my PRS deal wrapped up soon !

Cheers:rockon2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OS Music Scene

Mr. Harris,

Are you involved in the music scene in Owen Sound. Looking to play ? If so, what is your musical preference ?

B:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Man I'd love to live in Owen Sound. A good friend of mine has a spot on the water and I go up there a couple times a year. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome

Welcome J, I knew you would love it here ! Lots of great musicians with advice, stories and info !!
Plus I get a 100 cheque for every referal I get to join the site ! Ha ...not !
Enjoy

:rockon:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I try to make it up for Summerfolk every year, for the past 5 years anyway. I missed one two years ago, and that's only because I got married during Summerfolk weekend. So the past two years, Summerfolk is what my wife and I do for our anniversary!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts