The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.guitarscanada.com/Board/images/smilies/banana.gif
Hi of string fan. As a German fingerstyle guitarist I discovered gladly by chance this forum. I long for getting to know from you completely a lot about the Canadian guitarist's scene and hopes for your advice and help because I would like to enter with my son in the foreseeable future to Canada. I am glad about every interesting contact.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot

Hello "ne1roc", many thanks for the greeting. We had just the international music fair in Frankfurt. There one could see original guitar EVHs. You would have liked it absolutely, - Yes, your forum finds big interest with me because I would like to get to know about your land with pleasure still completely a lot.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hi and welcome Bonsai....
I'm positive you will like the site here....
a bunch of good people to converse with....

have fun
Auger

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot, too

Hello "auger", also to you many thanks for the greeting. In which "guitar department" are you at home? Acoustically or Electrically? And how does it feel in your place of residence with the live music?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hey welcome to the forums.:wave:

Canada's pretty sweet. Everybody comes here. The major cities are pretty multi-cultural.:rockon:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Multi-cultural and multi-instrumental

Xanadu said:
Hey welcome to the forums.:wave:

Canada's pretty sweet. Everybody comes here. The major cities are pretty multi-cultural.:rockon:
Hi Xanadu, thanks a lot for saying "hello". I took a look at your equipment. Is it possible, that you are as multi-instrumental as canada is multi-cultural? Hope to hear from you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot, to you

Hey Strat', thanks to your for welcome. If you like, please be so kind and tell me something about the music clubs in your home tone. See you ...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Well where I live, in Mississauga (it's close to Toronto), they have atleast 35 clubs, where at night, all the metal/rock bands come out to play and everything. A lot of the kids in those bands are young, some older, and some up into their 50s/60s.

I always thought that Canada had really bad metal bands, but some that play in these clubs are REALLY underrated.
Needless to say, if you want to hear some good mainstream or underground bands, Canada is the place for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Mississauga, ...

I guess our hometown (Bremen, Germany) seems to me as big as Mississauga. The buildings are not so big and high but the peoples' population is nearly the same. And here comes the big difference: Maybe 5 to 8 clubs presents live music. And the most concerts are Jazz-influenced or R+R-Olidies. The concerts of metal, hardrock, country and so on raises to zero. Is it possible to tell me something about forums or clubs, where musicians find contact to each other and how to get contact for fingerstyle-concerts? Stay tuned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fingerstyle

No, I mean fingerstyle like "Don Ross", "Peppino D'Agostino", "Preston Reed", "Tommy Emanuel" are playing. If you don't know them, maybe take a look on "youtube" or "myvideo". They are playing acoustic guitar and are doing it that way sometimes you realize a whole band is playing. The beginning is well known as "celtic fingerstyle-guitar" Maybe you remember "Leo Kottke" he has been the most popular american fingerstyle-player. But I think, that is not your generation.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey Bonsai....
I am at home in both the acoustic and electrical area's...
but I have been playing almost exclusively the Blues for the last 3 years....
on my stratocaster....
but I haven played out of the house for many years now....
just lots of practicing....
I have been entertaining the idea of playing a live jam in Orillia...which is held on thrusday's but so far I havent been able to find the time...

You will find it very interesting and informative here at the forum....

I look forward to reading your posts...

Auger

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Auger,

thanks for quoting. If you're able to organize a live jam I would be glad to take part of that. Please let me be informed if it will happen and your little dream will become true. Obviously I spend my live as an professionel musician. And the "bad touch" of my life is, that I don't have much time to do other things. However, I think the most important part of the music is to play together and that's what I'd like to do, during my upcoming stays in canada. Needless to say, that I would be very glad to hear and read everything about the canadian musician scene. Stay tuned and let me hear from you. - Bonsai

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the great white north. I too am a fingerstylist but dabble in other genres as well. Hope you are successful in making your way to Canada. You won't be disappointed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts