The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

New Matchless Day

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Stratotone 
#1 ·
Ordered this SC mini about 3-4 months ago. Wanted something low power that I could get to break up while kids are sleeping... and I got it ;)

Electronics Electronic instrument Technology Electronic device Guitar amplifier

See less See more
#6 ·
I ordered one new, which isn't something I do often. For some reason everyone wants to sell matchless stuff for more than what it cost new in Canada. I don't think many people realize you can get them through L&M via special order.

#14 ·
OMG. Amp samesies!!!!

Musical instrument Guitar Electronic instrument Guitar amplifier Electric guitar

This beauty popped up locally on Kijiji this weekend and the price was right so I rolled the dice. The guy just dropped it off. I didn't even try it first. So far, so good. I've never owned (or even played) a Matchless before.

#15 ·
OMG. Amp samesies!!!!

View attachment 146713
This beauty popped up locally on Kijiji this weekend and the price was right so I rolled the dice. The guy just dropped it off. I didn't even try it first. So far, so good. I've never owned (or even played) a Matchless before.
Happy NAD :)

#20 ·
The story on that LP? That LP is like Scotch, organized religion and bluegrass: not for everyone. It's actually a 2005 Les Paul Standard that a previous owner attempted a relic job on. It was relic'd every square inch by either a a compass from a vintage geometry set or one of those Gravely things with the spinning wire brush on the front they use to clear sidewalks in the dead of winter.

Chitmo, sorry for the thread jack :)

View attachment 146729
View attachment 146737
I don't want to come within 20 feet of whatever belt buckle did that. Or did the owner wear some sort of barbed-wire accoutrements on their leather pants?

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.