• On

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Off

Votes: 16 38.1%
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
They are cream, they just look really light.

I normally prefer reflector knobs, but the overall look of the guitar was quite light so I changed them to darken things up a wee bit.
I like the reflectors too, but I think anything you put on will look good. When I think cream plastics, I picture these (yours do look white in the photo) but then they would not look good with the pickups.

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here 'on' won by a lot.

On Gretsch-Talk 'off' won by a lot.

But on TDPRI with 143 votes cast the results are 72-71 in favour of 'on'. I've never seen a guitar page poll that close before!

·
Premium Member
12,394 Posts
It's not like you can't change your mind down the road. Two screws.

Reactions: colchar

·
Premium Member
9,541 Posts
Here 'on' won by a lot.

On Gretsch-Talk 'off' won by a lot.

But on TDPRI with 143 votes cast the results are 72-71 in favour of 'on'. I've never seen a guitar page poll that close before!

Hah! I never even realized it was a poll, was wondering what you were smoking when you said 'on won', as almost all actual comments were 'no don't!'.

You were unfaithful to us, you dirty slut :cry:

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
It's all about who you are ..
Mike Bloomfield, Joe Bonamassa, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, M. Taylor, Eric Clapton, Stan Webb - ON
Paul Kossoff, Peter Green, Duane Allman (!) - OFF

·
Registered
15 Posts
I always thought removable pickguards in general were useless and were created more of an afterthought than a function of protecting the body. They just hide the classic shape is all (unless you're a violent strummer where they would be useful). The pickguard was removed from my LP within 10 minutes of bringing it home.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Congrats on the LP! Looks great either way. My preference for my own is with the pickguard because I never really thought about taking it off. I took it off a couple of years ago and it just didn't appeal to me the same way. But your grain is way nicer than mine. What do you prefer?

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It's all about who you are ..
Mike Bloomfield, Joe Bonamassa, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, M. Taylor, Eric Clapton, Stan Webb - ON
Paul Kossoff, Peter Green, Duane Allman (!) - OFF

Dickey Betts is my favourite player, but he has LPs with pick guards and LPs without so he's no damned help!

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Congrats on the LP! Looks great either way. My preference for my own is with the pickguard because I never really thought about taking it off. I took it off a couple of years ago and it just didn't appeal to me the same way. But your grain is way nicer than mine. What do you prefer?

I am liking it off. That being said, there is a tiny nick in the finish under the pick guard where it seems that they screw from the pick guard bracket dug into the finish. You can't see it unless you know it is there, but I can feel it when resting my fingers on the body.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
The fingers on the body were an issue for me too. My right hand fingers have been firmly planted on the pickguard from day 1. I'm also a right hand tailpiece muting type.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Off

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dickey Betts is my favourite player, but he has LPs with pick guards and LPs without so he's no damned help!
I vote off,... unless you considered going with a matching wooden pick guard to still protect the body.
Dickey Betts is also my favourite,... cannot get enough of ABB and those splendid guitar harmonies.
Apologies for the brutal cut & paste, lol.

Photos with Dickey during his annual 'Family & Friends B.B.Q./Jam' at his 'Spirit Ranch' residence, Sarasota, Florida.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts