The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just got this year old D40re delivered to the door. It's got the Legacy bracing, rosewood sides & back and Baggs pickup. I tried one in the store and liked it better than some others that were a lot more money. This guitar does not have much bling but is a lot of guitar. Nice punchy dread sound. Used from reverb, it was half the new cost to the door :)

Arrived rather dry as it bounced across Canada from PEI for 10 days in -15 weather. New condition, it really needs to be played in. Work'n on that. This our 3rd Larrivee.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
That is a very decent guitar. Some of the members over at AGF have them and they constantly get praised for their great tone.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Congratulations on the new guitar. I have never tried a D40 but that Larrivee has nice specs especially the ebony fretboard and bridge, two things I seem to love on a dreadnought. Would I be right to say looking at your pictures that it has a nice fat neck on it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say the neck feels right for the guitar. It's not a small guitar so a beefy neck seems correct. Thicker than my Larrivee LV-03 neck side by side. The D40 neck is not chunky though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts