The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

What kinds of guitars do you own? (Included sub-brands like Epiphone and Seagull)

• Gibson

• Fender

• Godin

• Ibanez

• Jackson

• Taylor

• Martin

• PRS

• US Music (Washburn, Oscar Schmidt, Parker, Hamer, Daisy Rock)

• Other

New Kid on the Block (Okay, not exactly a kid...lol)

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Avro Arrow 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! Glad to be here! I haven't been playing all that long (months) but I've been pretty lucky so far. I have a Godin Solidac, a Washburn Strat and a Gibson Maestro SG (made in China). My Gibson is crap, my Washburn is decent and my Godin is incredible! I'm looking forward to some epic (and positive) discussions and I'm hoping to learn from all the great people here!

#13 ·
Welcome to GC!
Thanks amagras, it's great to be here!

welcome to the forum
Thanks adcandour, I look forward to talking to you!
Hi Mooh!
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks sulphur, it's great to be among other Canadians here.
Welcome aboard!
Thanks Johnny, I look forward to reading, posting and expanding my knowledge through your collective wisdom!

#8 · (Edited)
Welcome aboard Avro.
I have an eclectic collection.
Used to own a mid 80's Washburn RS-10V that I gave to my nephew.
I couldn't get used to 24 frets. lol.
Well, to be perfectly honest, I'm pretty sure that my Washburn is a Washburn in name only. It was a part of an electric guitar starter kit at Costco. It's a phenomenal deal for a beginner and the guitar itself is pretty darn good, especially when you consider that the whole kit only cost me $160. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to try guitar for the first time because an electric with its flat body is easier to play than an acoustic IMO. The fretwork is decent and the guitar is literally featherlight because of its Poplar body but it still sounds good and we get to learn on. In case anyone knows anyone who wants to start playing,

Here's the link:
https://www.costco.ca/GWL-Electric-Guitar-Pack.product.100376139.html

#9 ·
Welcome buddy !
I guess many of us began a similar way... My herd (rebuilt during my last ten years journey devoted to sound quest) is all acoustic (except an upgraded Epiphone Sheraton) and now includes some good and many great axes. So I had to dash multiple choices : Taylor, Gibson, Martin, Godin and my "others" are Larrivée, Alvarez, Aria and Ramirez plus a tricone and a banjitar.
As I read many posts on this site during the last month, I am sure you will find great advices here.

#10 ·
Welcome aboard Avro.
I have an eclectic collection.
Used to own a mid 80's Washburn RS-10V that I gave to my nephew.
I couldn't get used to 24 frets. lol.
Well, to be perfectly honest, I'm pretty sure that my Washburn is a Washburn in name only. It was a part of an electric guitar starter kit at Costco. It's a phenomenal deal for a beginner and the guitar itself is pretty darn good, especially when you consider that the whole kit only cost me $160. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to try guitar for the first time because an electric with its flat body is easier to play than an acoustic IMO. The fretwork is decent and the guitar is literally featherlight because of its Poplar body but it still sounds good and we get to learn on. In case anyone knows anyone who wants to start playing,

Here's the link:
https://www.costco.ca/GWL-Electric-Guitar-Pack.product.100376139.html

#11 ·
Welcome aboard Avro! I have pretty specific things when buying a guitar and never shop by brand, only specs and then I have often modified a few things to suit me better.

Right now I have an Alvarez MD60 Masterworks acoustic with a 1 3/4" nut and and SX tele that will be getting a wide neck. See my signature and you'll understand.

Reactions: Avro Arrow
#12 ·
Welcome aboard Avro! I have pretty specific things when buying a guitar and never shop by brand, only specs and then I have often modified a few things to suit me better.

Right now I have an Alvarez MD60 Masterworks acoustic with a 1 3/4" nut and and SX tele that will be getting a wide neck. See my signature and you'll understand.
You choose with your intelect, not with your heart or a consumeristic ego. I respect the hell out of that, good to meet you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.