The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow guitar and assorted paraphernalia addicts.I live in the far east of Canada on the East coast of NL.Like most baby boomer guitarists,I vowed that I was going to become a musician on Feb. 7 1964 when I was blown away by 4 guys from Liverpool.I played my first professional gig at the age of 15 in 1969 and I was hooked.Ever since I started gigging I put every cent I earned into my obsession and as it stands now I have a guitarsenal of 35 instruments of various vintage and brand names and also 15 amps of varied vintages and makers.I am obsessive about everything to do with guitars and related gear and consider myself an amateur guitarcheologist.

I have 9 Fender guitars-including three '65s- Strat,Mustang and Jaguar as well as 3 Vintage Vox guitars -a MK. VI Acoustic,a Phantom XII and an Astro IV Bass Model V-273 with built in fuzz,bass and treble boost and a G tuner.I have some rare vintage effects such as a '66/'67 Vox Clyde McCoy signature wah, an early '70s Jen Jumbo Fuzz and a very early Italian made Jen Cry Baby wah.I also have a very rare late '60s Tim's Own Fuzzer Buzzer-a very raunchy and raw fuzz,that was made somewhere in New England from what I've been able to find out.

I have some pretty cool Canadian amps,a '67 Paul 201,one of the earliest model Traynor Guitar Mates-no reverb-just tremolo (that old amp was in a massive nightclub fire in 1975 and when it was dried out really well,it only needed a new speaker,new tubes and a half dozen caps etc.), it's still running strong and sounds even funkier-the fire must have given it its smokin' tone.I also have a cool early '80s Traynor TS-15,that little beastie is the most tube like sounding solid state amp I've ever heard.I have a real eclectic hodge-podge of gear that I didn't mention but I rambled on too long for my first post-for which I apologize-but once I get started on anything remotely related to music-I have a hard time stopping.I look forward to talking to other music fanatics,but I have to admit,I'm a real Luddite when it comes to computers and my computer savvy is nil when it comes to posting pix-I have to enlist the help of a computer literate friend for that.Cheers.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Nice collection of gear.

You can host your pics at an external site like Photobucket (though that one does suck),
or with a gold membership that allows you to upload directly from your computer.
I think that membership is $15 a year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome and the info-I do have a Photobucket account,I'll try to figure out how to get them onto the Forum.

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Looking forward to seeing your collection too.
As for posting pics ..

For general (free subscription) members.

You need photobucket, flickr etc, to host from.
'click' the IMG address, it'll automatically copy.
If it doesn't, highlight/right click 'copy'
Paste that into the thread.

The other option is to add it using the little 'mountain pic' icon.
'highlight/copy' the address of the pic and insert that into the 'image' prompt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts