The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As the title suggests, I'm brand new here. I'm also new-ish to playing guitar. Looking forward to being part of this community.

I was recently given a Hagstrom Swede (2006, as far as I can tell). It's a solid guitar, especially for me at my level, but it's missing the pick guard. I've poked around and can't seem to find a good place for Hagstrom Swede pick guards.
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. (or perhaps there's another thread about this. I looked but haven't found one yet).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Hags are great guitars. I have an ultra swede. Did you check eBay for the pick guard? That might be your best bet. Or Steve's? They carry Hagstrom.
Thanks.
Yeah, I’ve had a look on eBay. So far no luck, but I’ll keep checking there.
I didn’t know Steve’s carried Hags. That’s a great tip. I’ll check there, too. I haven’t been in there in years - but I will now.

Thanks so much for the help!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I can't help you but I'm sure our other friendly and helpful members will be able to assist you.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Aré you doing so because you think it's missing a pickguard? I might be wrong but I don't think the swedes have them. And judging by your profile pic your guitar looks awesome without it. So you may need to get a custom one made if you're convinced to go that route.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aré you doing so because you think it's missing a pickguard? I might be wrong but I don't think the swedes have them. And judging by your profile pic your guitar looks awesome without it. So you may need to get a custom one made if you're convinced to go that route.
Yeah - the Swede does "officially" have one. Scroll down, here. - Swede by Hagstrom Guitars of Sweden
Mine actually has 2 holes where the pick guard was, (right next to the neck bridge and on the underside of the body), so I know it's "supposed" to.

But yeah it does look great without it. Thanks for saying so - And truthfully, if I never put one on it, I'll be more than happy with it. But I think it looks even better with one. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts