The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new guitar coming from Frankinstein Guitar Works. The inspiration for it came from the pictures that were posted on this site of Domenic Troiano's Telecaster. I have never been a big fan of relicing, but there is such a good job done on this that I couldn't pass it up. Plus I'll never have to worry about putting a new ding in it.(LOL)
It has a "new" 3 piece swamp ash body, ASAT bridge pickup,Schecter Super Rock neck pickup split with a push pull volume pot. It should show up next week. Can't wait!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I usually don't like relics too much either , but this one looks great . I wonder if humidity / sweat would be a problem though , and what it would look like after 10 years of gigging .

I

·
0 Posts
Beautiful guitar. If it plays anything like the guitar I think you're talking about (Domenic had a lot of guitars in his collection) that's going to be one hell of an instrument. I had an opportunity to play a bunch of Domenic's gear while I was tracking at Round Sound last year and there were some guitars in his collection that had them mojo and then some. If you've got a link to the guitar that inspired this one I'd love to see it.
Coustfan'01 said:
I usually don't like relics too much either , but this one looks great . I wonder if humidity / sweat would be a problem though , and what it would look like after 10 years of gigging .
As long as it's treated with a little something on the wood it'll probably look like this. That's a light oil finish rubbed on swamp ash. The wood is a little darker where the forearm of my picking hand touched the guitar. It's held up great. Going on 13 years old now and it's seen a lot of work.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iaresee said:
Beautiful guitar. If it plays anything like the guitar I think you're talking about (Domenic had a lot of guitars in his collection) that's going to be one hell of an instrument. I had an opportunity to play a bunch of Domenic's gear while I was tracking at Round Sound last year and there were some guitars in his collection that had them mojo and then some. If you've got a link to the guitar that inspired this one I'd love to see it.

As long as it's treated with a little something on the wood it'll probably look like this. That's a light oil finish rubbed on swamp ash. The wood is a little darker where the forearm of my picking hand touched the guitar. It's held up great. Going on 13 years old now and it's seen a lot of work.
For the inspiration look in the vintage section on page 2 and you will see a thread about Domenics guitar at the 12th fret in Toronto.
The guitar I posted has been lightly sprayed with nitro so I think the wood is sealed a bit from grime. The wood should be still able to breathe quite well.
As for how it will look in ten years time I can only guess what it will look like but I'm guessing it will probably have a few more scuffs and dings.(LOL)

:food-smiley-004:

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Looks like its 50 years old already lol, great looking guitar though very nice

I

·
0 Posts
axestronomer said:
For the inspiration look in the vintage section on page 2 and you will see a thread about Domenics guitar at the 12th fret in Toronto.
The guitar I posted has been lightly sprayed with nitro so I think the wood is sealed a bit from grime. The wood should be still able to breathe quite well.
As for how it will look in ten years time I can only guess what it will look like but I'm guessing it will probably have a few more scuffs and dings.(LOL)
Nope. That's not the one I played. I tracked an album at Round Sound last spring and there was a bunch of Domenic's gear there still so I had a chance to thumb through the collection. There was a very worn butterscotch Tele that had no pick guard on it that I was thinking of.

How did you route the wires without cutting a trough? Did you use some angled drill head? Looks like a tight squeeze.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have had the guitar for a little over a week now and I am quite pleased. Very well built and stays in tune. It has the fastest playing neck in my guitar arsenal and the tone variations I can get with the pickup wiring variations make it a very versatile guitar. +1 for Fankinstein Guitar Works (Canada)

:food-smiley-004:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts