The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the chance to pick up an Epiphone Sheraton II MIK in good shape for $450 no taxes. The guitar plays nicely and sounds pretty good through my amp. I have pretty well decided that I'm going to get this guitar the price is right and it is nicer than the Epi Dot he had in the shop going for 650.00 Did some checking on the serial # according to the number it is Made In Korea by Samick in July of 1995. prod # 6523 Full serial number S5076523. Is this a deal worth jumping on, I am not that familiar with Epis other than the sheraton is similar to the 335.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Epi semi/hollows have the best reputation of any of their Korean guitars. The sheriton is a very nice axe. The only caveat is that the electronics are sometimes not that great...but an easy fix if needed.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea not to worried about the electronics, the rest of the guitar is beautiful. I'll end up modding the pups anyway I usually end up doing that to all my guitars. Replace switches and pots and probably upgrade the tuners. I have always wondered what a set of TV Jones style pick ups would sound like in a guitar like this. They sound good on all the gretch guitars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts