The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I meant to post this on Straturday, but I was too busy playing it...

2016 Danocaster double cut. He calls this one a Blackie. 7.5lbs, Rocketfire pickups, Raw Vintage hardware, and some seriously beautiful patina throughout. Thanks to @Roryfan for the killer deal and for letting this one go to a good home. I had to sell another of my other Danos to make it happen, but so far I'm suitably impressed. The neck is his .88 super soft V profile, which is also present on my single cut that he built for me in 2017, and combined with his finishing process, the entire guitar just feels and responds like home. They are just truly next level instruments; expensive and perhaps difficult to wait for, but unequivocally worth it.

Clips to come soon.

W.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
That Dano is hands down the best maple neck Strat I’ve ever played, the bridge pickup is outstanding! It quickly pushed a benchmark Underwood out the door (@bluehugh2 can attest to how good the Underwood is) but my tastes in necks have changed & these days I prefer a chunky C to a V. Chacun son gout. Will was great to deal with, I’m glad this guitar found a loving home.

P.S. Having the chance to reacquire a special CS Strat from @teleboli made it easier to move the Dano.

P.P.S.S. How long ‘til @barnesable gets it from you? Will you be able to hold out until your Dano Thinline shows up?

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That Dano is hands down the best maple neck Strat I’ve ever played, the bridge pickup is outstanding! It quickly pushed a benchmark Underwood out the door (@bluehugh2 can attest to how good the Underwood is) but my tastes in necks have changed & these days I prefer a chunky C to a V. Chacun son gout. Will was great to deal with, I’m glad this guitar found a loving home.

P.S. Having the chance to reacquire a special CS Strat from @teleboli made it easier to move the Dano.

P.P.S.S. How long ‘til @barnesable gets it from you? Will you be able to hold out until your Dano Thinline shows up?
We had a gear shootout the other night when he came to pick up the ikon gold. Blackie was definitely the stand out guitar of that night's tone chasing. Happy to keep it around presently :)

W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts