1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Oooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
Nice one, congrats! That's a bit o' R&R right there.

There's nothing like a dog ear P90, even the soapbar P90s.
I found the one I have to be the most dynamic pup that I've tried.
Picking intensity is brought out so well with that arrangement.

Also, the most noticable pickup while adjusting the pole pieces, maybe due to the direct mount method.

Enjoy that beauty!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I am in love! It's a 2010, apparently the last year rosewood was used on the fretboard.
All the hype about Jr's is true!
She's a killer rock and roll machine.

·
Registered
14,360 Posts
Well, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Nice. I have a special that is my least expensive Gibson and is in the stage lineup because it plays and sounds so good. Love the p-90!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Killer score!
Juniors are my single favourite guitars. Such bad ass rock and roll machines. I got into guitar building largely because of jr's.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are a couple of observations after 2 gigs and 3 rehearsals.
The tone knob is actually useful on this guitar! Keeping the tone on 7 for rythum work, then turning it up to 10 on solos is really working for me. Treble and volume boost!
The second is noise. There is none. Even where running gobs of gain, I'm not hearing horrible buzzing from the guitar. I even pulled the pickup out to see if the previous owner had swapped out the original for a humcancelling version. There are no markings saying Gibson on the pickup, but there is only one coil so I believe it is original
More pics:
[URL=http://s967.photobucket.com/user/mrfiftyfour/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20170517_094037_zpsk8ablvuq.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Mad Strappier
466 Posts
LIKE! - simple, to the point, no frills, badass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts