The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks!

Here's the specs sheet!

Neck is a Warmoth, 59 roundback (I think) with compound radius and 6150 frets with tulips style tuners;
Body is a MJT telemaster, reliced;
Both are from @StevieMac.

Glendale bridge;
Faction guitars controls plate with 3 way toggle switch;
Fender knobs;
Pickups are TDog (p90) from our truly @copperhead they are the central piece of the guitar, soind sooooo good!

Only tweak that need to be done, the bridge pickup cavity is not deep enough for the pickup. I don't know if the TDog are taller than normal telecaster pu or if the body wasn't routed deep enough but it need more space to be well fitted.

Overall, that was a really cool project and I am happy with the result.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Thanks!

Here's the specs sheet!

Neck is a Warmoth, 59 roundback (I think) with compound radius and 6150 frets eith tulips style tuners.
Body is. MJT telemaster, reliced.
Both are from @StevieMac

Glendale bridge
Faction guitars controls plate with 3 way toggle switch
Fender knobs
Pickups are TDog (p90) from our truly @copperhead they are the central piece of the guitar, soind sooooo good!

Only tweak that need to be done, the bridge pickup cavity is not deep enough for the pickup. I don't know if the TDog are taller than normal telecaster pu or if the body wasn't routed deep enough but it need more space to be well fitted.

Over all, that was a really cool project and I am happy with the result.
Noted !!!!
That is good to know .I haven't heard of any problems with the T-DOG not fitting in a Tele's route as it's only slightly 1/8" thicker than a traditional tele pickup
This is our net stacked Zero-Sixty tele pickup that is in the experimental stage & it's much taller than a T-Dog & it has actually been installed in a few tele's without having to deepen the pickup route .so i guess not all tele routes will be the same . i know the MIM tele pickups with the ceramic magnets are about the same thickness as the T-dogs

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the infos, I'll try to deepen the pickup route a bit to acomodate it! :D
My body being a MJT probably doesn't have the same specs as a standard Fender one?

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice job Francios!

I'm interested in those TDogs myself.
I didn't have the chance to really test them but they really deliver.
Thru a crancked Princeton the sound was magic.
They bites and attack very well but with a tille twist on the volume knob and it can get really mellow.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
very nice. I would have gone with oval button Klusons myself but thats just because I'm used to seeing them on a tele headstock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love that guitar! You made it?
I would love to build a 'parts guitar'. I have never built one but am very handy with tools and paint sprayers. Can you point me to some resources that might help? Would you consider it an "advanced" project?
The wheels are turning now.......
What colour is that?
Thanks, Matt

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I saw MJTs website. Very nice!
Did you also have the neck "reliced" or leave it new? It's difficult to see on the pics. Was there any worry about the neck not fitting or aligning to the neck pocket accurately? I really like that guitar! Lol.

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love that guitar! You made it?
I would love to build a 'parts guitar'. I have never built one but am very handy with tools and paint sprayers. Can you point me to some resources that might help? Would you consider it an "advanced" project?
The wheels are turning now.......
What colour is that?
Thanks, Matt
Sorry, I am a little late to answer your questions I've been playing it the whole week-end! ;)
Seriously, I just bought and trade some parts here on the emporium and hoped for the best. I never "build" a partcaster before and everything turns well. A friend of mine helped me with the electronics otherwise, it is just like doing a puzzle.

The color is some sort of white that has been turn to yellow by some process. It just a way to "fake" and old white guitar.

I saw MJTs website. Very nice!
Did you also have the neck "reliced" or leave it new? It's difficult to see on the pics. Was there any worry about the neck not fitting or aligning to the neck pocket accurately? I really like that guitar! Lol.
The neck is from Warmoth and the finist is a bit sanded nothing much. Like stated in the first post, this is from another member @StevieMac . Maybe he will jump in and give us more infos about the neck.

Since the body is a MJT and they have good quality overall I wasn't too worried about everything coming together right. I had to do some "sanding" on the pickguard to accomodate the 22 frets neck and did some new hole 'cause the pickguard wasn't in line with the bridge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I see thanks! It seems like if the neck and body are quality and prefinished then it would be pretty much an easy build.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts