The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a happy camper!! Got the ESP LTD EC1000 (with EMGs) on Monday - absolutely love everything about it. Today the Cort Curbow showed up at my door - my first bass (bought as a factory second off eBay). The price was right and I really love it's shape - although it's a little hard to play while sitting without using a strap. Still doing some tweaking, but it sounds pretty good so far.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
i was thinking about the curbow 6-string, how's it sound...with the one pickup..

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the specs on the LTD:
• SET-NECK
• 24.75” SCALE
• MAHOGANY BODY W/QUILTED MAPLE TOP
• 3-PIECE MAHOGANY NECK
• ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD
• ABALONE FLAG INLAYS W/MODEL NAME AT 12TH FRET
• EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) ACTIVE PICKUPS
• 2 VOLUME & 1 TONE CONTROL W/3-WAY TOGGLE
• SPERZEL LOCKING TUNERS
• EARVANA COMPENSATED NUT
• TONEPROS LOCKING BRIDGE W/STOP TAILPIECE
• WHITE W/ABALONE BINDING ON BODY, NECK & HEADSTOCK
• 24 XJ FRETS

The Curbow is really surprising me - I was a little worried about the one pickup design. You can actually get some dramatic sound variations using the treble, midrange and bass knobs. Right now, the "slap contour switch" is almost acting like a pickup selector toggle (sounds like switching from bridge to neck pickup). There are a couple little screws on the back that can apparently change the slap contour depth - I don't have a manual so I have fooled around with them yet.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I gigged with a bass player a few weeks back who used the same bass but in red. Awesome sound and cool looking, have fun.....:D

Guitar looks pretty fine also..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts