The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just stumbled upon this forum and it seems right up my alley!

A little back story. I've tried picking up the guitar 3 or 4 times in my life (when I was 12 or 13, than again when i was 20, once more in my mid 20s) and always wound up dropping it after a month. I turned 30 and started a new exciting chapter in my life with my fiancee and decided what better time than now? I've been playing for 3 or 4 months now and this time feels different! Loving every second of it! I play at least 5 times a week just basic stuff, but can see hig progress already.

I picked up a cheap '08 squire strat from kijiji, and it is plenty good enough for me now, although it was essentially just the cheapest guitar I can find, so I cant say I'm in love with it.... but it's perfect for learning. Although the guitar I really want right now is a Squier FSR bullet telecaster surf green :) ... but apparently cant get it in canada? :(

I hope to stick around here and get some great tips and tricks from everyone!

·
Premium Member
17,620 Posts
Welcome to the GC forum!

Lots of very helpful folks here with amazing talents and experience in all guitar 'related fields' (e.g., teachers, touring/ gigging musicians, luthiers, amp techs, pedal gurus, etc.).

There is also lots of wonderful gear that is constantly being offered for sale/trade at typically reasonable prices. You will be tempted...guaranteed!!

Enjoy the forum, post often and ask lots of questions.

Cheers

Dave

Squier FSR bullet telecaster surf green :) ... but apparently cant get it in Canada? :(
EDIT: Wait until others reads this. There might be one out there waiting with your name on it...

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,194 Posts
Welcome and let the G.A.S. begin :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Welcome to this forum !
Your story clearly shows that guitar playing did cast a spell on you many years ago ! ;-)
I too did try, stop and came back, three times, and then never stopped over the last thirty years !
I am quite lazy at it, but play almost everyday and learned quite much over the years anyway.
So, don't give up !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to this forum !
Your story clearly shows that guitar playing did cast a spell on you many years ago ! ;-)
I too did try, stop and came back, three times, and then never stopped over the last thirty years !
I am quite lazy at it, but play almost everyday and learned quite much over the years anyway.
So, don't give up !
That's amazing to hear! I'm fully invested in learning guitar. There are so many amazing tools online to help, which is awesome.

Thanks for the kind words!

·
Registered
44 Posts
good to have you man :) I'm also on a major kick these past few months myself after deciding to commit to daily playing. improvement makes it crazy addictive!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts