1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
13,289 Posts
I have 12fret and 14fret small bodied acoustics. I am definitely a 14fret person give all else being equal. I didn't see a 14fret and they have historically been available since the 20s (IIRC).

·
Premium Member
9,729 Posts
Those are nice looking acoustics...ive always been a sucker for the 'open' headstock, I don't know the correct term. Wonder how they will price out?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I bought one of those Gretch Jim Dandy's and converted it lefty because it has a straight saddle. Its a 12 fret parlor like the last one but plainer.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I have 12fret and 14fret small bodied acoustics. I am definitely a 14fret person give all else being equal. I didn't see a 14fret and they have historically been available since the 20s (IIRC).
Whats your preference for 14 fret based on? Do 12 fret and 14 fret guitars generally have different scale lengths? I do find the 12 fret parlor harder to bend strings on.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
12 and 14 fret guitars are usually the same scale length however this depends on the manufacturer. A 12 fret forces the bridge to sit lower on the guitar body which can enhance tone and resonance however this also depends on the manufacturer.

Most regular acoustic guitars sound lousy beyond the 9th fret and players usually never go there .

·
Premium Member
12,970 Posts
I went looking for a 9521 in natural. Not generally a fan of burst acoustics - and those are dark bursts. Perhaps I'll have to open up my mind.

MSRP is $589 (US I assume) on their site.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went looking for a 9521 in natural. Not generally a fan of burst acoustics - and those are dark bursts. Perhaps I'll have to open up my mind.

MSRP is $589 (US I assume) on their site.
I see the G9521 listed on L&M website for $479.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Most regular acoustic guitars sound lousy beyond the 9th fret and players usually never go there .
I have never heard this mentioned before. Can you explain why this is so?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts