The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,604 Posts
CONGRATS!

Beautiful looking guitar.
Looks somehow like it would be easy to play. The pickup configuration certainly allows for lots of choices.

ENJOY!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I sold one of these a few years back and now regret that -- it had an incredibly fast (maple) neck, and control cavity shielding! One thing that I noticed in mine was that the volume pot was a linear, not audio, taper; I changed that asap, along with a quick conversion to 50s. wiring.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
This post is giving me serious GAS. I definitely need some sort of strat/superstrat, and I love my current Godin. What are the pickups like?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I find the Godin pickups to be hit or miss; some are meh, but when they’re good, they’re good.

Luckily, I’m happy with the setup in my Velocity; the Duncan custom seems most out of place, but definitely usable.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had one like this. I remember that this was a versatile guitar.
I was originally trying to find a backup for my surf setup. I let my trems float, so I hate going on a gig without a backup, since if you break a string on a floating trem, the tuning goes all to hell.

That would’ve meant putting on flats, but with the humbuckers, rounds probably make more sense.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, the Freeway now has a new Tusq XL nut and GFS locking tuners. I also have a single coil sized rails Humbucker from GFS to install when I get the chance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts