The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not going to buy it until I try it out, the dealer is going to bring it in by next fri.....

http://www.behringer.com/ULTRABASS-POWER-PACK4/index.cfm?lang=ENG

I know there has been some issues with aluminum cones, that's why I'm going for paper and for the sound too. Maybe I don't 'need' the 2X10" but I might. Really suprised me that the local dealer undercut the MSRP by about 10%. That's better than lamusic.ca and axemusic.com.

I'm selling my EB-0 and eventually my P-V, so with a few or five gigs, this will be paid for.

Hope it works out
Yeah!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Makes sense that they start to market "Packaged Systems". Good call going paper over Aluminum.

Let us know what you think. I know there are a lot of of Behringer bashers out there, but quite a few owners really like the amps.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Their aluminum cones have a habit of blowing...
good choice on the paper.
I have that 2x10 cab. It's really good for the money. Adds a whole other sound that you just can't get from the 15.
grats on the purchase:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Definitely let us know how it sounds. I've had the Behringer V-ampire guitar combo for 3 1/2 years now, and I really like it (gig with it too!).

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Xanadu said:
Their aluminum cones have a habit of blowing...
good choice on the paper.
I have that 2x10 cab. It's really good for the money. Adds a whole other sound that you just can't get from the 15.
grats on the purchase:food-smiley-004:
Yeah, I guess the al separates from the rest of the cone. I like a lot of bottom with the occasional spank that cuts thru the mix, this amp should do it. I was only going to go with the 15 but the sales guy told me I would *need* the 2X10. :) So I'm a pushover!
It should be in by fri and I'm taking the day off so I can have the time to check it out.

Hope it fits in my car. :eek:
Mich

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Michelle said:
Yeah, I guess the al separates from the rest of the cone. I like a lot of bottom with the occasional spank that cuts thru the mix, this amp should do it. I was only going to go with the 15 but the sales guy told me I would *need* the 2X10. :) So I'm a pushover!
It should be in by fri and I'm taking the day off so I can have the time to check it out.

Hope it fits in my car. :eek:
Mich
lol what kind of car do you have, My combo and cab takes up the whole back seat of my car.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Xanadu said:
lol what kind of car do you have, My combo and cab takes up the whole back seat of my car.
Cobalt coupe. I can get the P-V in the back seat ok, it's about the same size as the new 15" and *probably* I can get the 2X10 next to it, then two basses in front of them, forget the trunk, opening too small. New cabs have decent handles though and are a little lighter.
Gear is a pain to haul, ain't it. A paying gig makes it worthwhile though.

I can't wait to get this thing now! :banana:

·
Registered
328 Posts
New Gear on it's way

Good work on the price break Michelle. I paid the Behringer MSRP for the Eden Nemesis 410 at LA Music but you got the more impressive looking rig. I almost overpaid for the Behringer head, when it was 300 Watts, at Steve's but was able to change my mind in time.

It'll be neat to hear your report on how it sounds. Until I got the 4x10 I have always been a 2x15 guy. Your rig is the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! A Month Later.......

Hey! Happy me! The Behringer never came in so I canned it, drove to Fredericton to check out another store and came home with this! Yeah! :banana:

It fits in the car, (2-cabs there)

And fits in the house;

Ampeg BXT series with 1-15" and 2-10", 350W/4-ohm
Last years model, got a fair price, not a steal, cost twice as much as the Behringer. It is awesome!

Now I gotta go, lots to do!
SeeYa

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not a beringher (sp) basher,, actually a user of some stuff.. but I do think you will be happier with the ampeg..
although, I wouldn't mind the behringer package myself sometime,, (just to try it out mind you... :) )

·
Registered
328 Posts
your new rig

Michelle: that is outstanding! My dream rig would be the same, meaning a 15 cab with a 2-10 cab. I'm rather delighted with my Eden Nemesis 4-10/320 Watts and it's so portable and easy to move. Otherwise, I'd have a setup like yours. Knowing Ampeg as I do, having owned a fliptop, there's no question as to the quality of tone you have at your disposal. The whole thing fits nicely into the car too. I don't knock Behringer, but you have a far superior product in Ampeg. As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" and in this case you bought quality. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats on the new rig Michelle!

·
Premium Member
13,023 Posts
Michelle said:
Hey! Happy me!

Ampeg BXT series with 1-15" and 2-10", 350W/4-ohm
Wow!! Nice Rig!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. I do love this amp, it gets better everytime I use it, and it does have the Ampeg tone, I'll never need another amp. Absolutely nothing on this amp says 'cheap'. Holy frig does it ever shake the house and everything that isn't bolted down.
Fingers are sore today. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BHarris said:
can I take it from you sig that you're
oh I don't know

left handed?
Oh they tried to change me but I wouldn't give in and when I first picked up a guitar, I held it l-h. Finally, after years of reversing instruments and dealing with neck-dive, I have what I need, still hard to find l-h instruments though, but better. Thank god I didn't have to find a left-handed amp, that was a treat! :)

Oops! Sold my P-V, better update my sig

1 - 18 of 18 Posts