The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Fender Mustang, Ampegs, anything to test an amp.
2,627 Posts
adjustments Gar did between 6L6 and EL34 version
The EL34 bias is set a wee bit more positive in bias voltages however, if you prefer a colder-bias, the EL34s would operate longer at the 6L6 bias-voltage but may not produce your desired sound...remember to connect pins 1 and 8 together at the tube socket for EL34 operation.

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Nice Marshally bass amp that is great for guitar as well, though eventually you will want to try an alt speaker cab. Better if you're gigging/loud jams with drummer - it's just a hair low on watts to stay clean and loud enough for bass use at those levels, depending on your tastes and bandmates volume abuse (if you're into the Geezer Butler thing then it'll do that loud enough). Later era by the looks of it (even by Deputy standards).

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice Marshally bass amp that is great for guitar as well, though eventually you will want to try an alt speaker cab. Better if you're gigging/loud jams with drummer - it's just a hair low on watts to stay clean and loud enough for bass use at those levels, depending on your tastes and bandmates volume abuse (if you're into the Geezer Butler thing then it'll do that loud enough). Later era by the looks of it (even by Deputy standards).
I will be using for guitar only. May transfer to a head cab at some point but I’m curious to see how a 15” speaker sounds. It looks late 70s early 80s to me :)

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
If original and barring something totally unexpected, that is a very guitarish 15. Would be great for pedal steel, dobro, baritone, or if you like yer tone thicc. A modern bass 15 would be near unusable with some exceptions.

Between speaker size and sealed cab you may find it mellow vs snappy on the attack. I'd suggest trying it with the back removed for more attack and less bass, but Garnet got the memo by this point that removable backs, with their 50 screws, are just plain annoying - give us a removable grille instead. Figures, the one time it would be handy is on these Deputy bass combos. Oy my 2x15 be a right project to get in to.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If original and barring something totally unexpected, that is a very guitarish 15. Would be great for pedal steel, dobro, baritone, or if you like yer tone thicc. A modern bass 15 would be near unusable with some exceptions.

Between speaker size and sealed cab you may find it mellow vs snappy on the attack. I'd suggest trying it with the back removed for more attack and less bass, but Garnet got the memo by this point that removable backs, with their 50 screws, are just plain annoying - give us a removable grille instead. Figures, the one time it would be handy is on these Deputy bass combos. Oy my 2x15 be a right project to get in to.
I have some vintage greenbacks and Vox silvers I’m going to try and see if I want to transplant to a head or if the 15 will work for rock. I assume the speaker is a guitar friendly driver and should sound pretty decent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts