The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Joel Korte does it again, only this time with some outside help from Robert Keeley and Tom Majeski from Cooper FX.

You can find about 20 or more demo/review videos on the new Dark World dual reverb pedal, as of the last 15 hours. A very different sort of reverb pedal, with more than enough functionality to keep one muttering "Just a sec..." to people while you twiddle the knobs. Joel sure knows how to keep a secret, because he didn't say word one about this when we met up in September, or in any of the e-mails we've shared since.

·
Premium Member
17,183 Posts
Cant watch demo, would have to buy one.

In due time.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Ha ha. Yup. That's me. Goes back to my Hard Rock qualities. I use it just a touch for some added depth and ambience now, but not like a lot of people who, IMO, tend to over use it on everything. But don't get me wrong on the Reverb thing. It has it's places. Just not so much in my world.

·
Registered
24,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If all one wants is a bit of spring emulation because the amp doesn`t come with reverb, this is NOT the pedal for you.. I think I commented in response to one of the Youtube demos that this is not a pedal intended to put one in the driver`s seat. It is intended to place you in the passenger seat, and enjoy the landscape and surroundings as the reflections spool out. None of the demos feature any sort of solo wanking whatsoever. It`s really more like those donation funnels you used to find at shopping malls, where you`d drop a coin in a slot and watch it circle the perimeter of the funnel in a seemingly endless spiral, until it finally dropped into the hole in the middle. Like I say, it wants you to be an onlooker. It will do "normal", but it`s a bit pricey for normal.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
If all one wants is a bit of spring emulation because the amp doesn`t come with reverb, this is NOT the pedal for you.. I think I commented in response to one of the Youtube demos that this is not a pedal intended to put one in the driver`s seat. It is intended to place you in the passenger seat, and enjoy the landscape and surroundings as the reflections spool out. None of the demos feature any sort of solo wanking whatsoever. It`s really more like those donation funnels you used to find at shopping malls, where you`d drop a coin in a slot and watch it circle the perimeter of the funnel in a seemingly endless spiral, until it finally dropped into the hole in the middle. Like I say, it wants you to be an onlooker. It will do "normal", but it`s a bit pricey for normal.
Great post. Love the word imagery you explained it with. You should write Intro. paragraphs on the literature that goes with some pedals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts