The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had zero intentions of buying anything for Black Friday. I’m pretty well set up for gear and I don’t have a ton of space. I recently acquired the Marshall 2525c Mini Jubilee as a birthday gift in September and it makes the sounds that I love to hear, so what more could I want? Well, how about more of the sounds I love to hear?

I got the email from Cosmo Music, decided to quickly peruse the door crashers and there it was, the matching cab to my combo at just about 50% off.

So I had to get it, right?

It sounds pretty decent so far with the lower-volume testing I’ve been able to do with my son asleep. I look forward to rattling the walls when the family goes out. Hopefully the neighbours won’t get too pissy :D

Anyway, I’ve got the combo’s speaker plugged into its 16 ohm jack and the 212 into one of the 8 ohm jacks on the back, which should be the right setup, right? The 212 says 8ohm mono on the back.

Oh...and here are a couple of pics:
Guitar Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Guitar amplifier
Guitar Musical instrument Electric guitar Guitar amplifier String instrument

·
Registered
12,875 Posts
Nice, congrats!

What are the speakers in that and the combo?

I run my 2525H through my Zbest 2x12 with V30s, sounds terrific.

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:D Thanks, all

Nice, congrats!

What are the speakers in that and the combo?

I run my 2525H through my Zbest 2x12 with V30s, sounds terrific.
The combo has a Greenback and the cab has Vintage 30s.

What is the amps mininum impedance? 4 or 8 ohms?

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
Minimum must be 4 as it has a plug for 4.

Here’s the rear panel. I’ve got the internal plugged in as show, then the extension plugged into one of the 8 ohm sockets.
Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Musical instrument Electronic instrument

And here’s the cab panel where it says 8 ohms (top right)

Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Stereo amplifier Font

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
You should only use one set of jacks.
I think the best way would be to plug both into the "1x8, 2x16" jacks.
No matter how you do it, you get a slight mismatch, but worst is to use more than one set of jacks. The three sets are wired to separate windings on the output transformer and only one winding should be used at a time.
The internal speaker will get a bit less power than the cab will get, due to being 16ohms vs the 8 of the cab. That is good as it will be a better balance of power between the 3 actual speakers.

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should only use one set of jacks.
I think the best way would be to plug both into the "1x8, 2x16" jacks.
No matter how you do it, you get a slight mismatch, but worst is to use more than one set of jacks. The three sets are wired to separate windings on the output transformer and only one winding should be used at a time.
The internal speaker will get a bit less power than the cab will get, due to being 16ohms vs the 8 of the cab. That is good as it will be a better balance of power between the 3 actual speakers.
Thanks. I’m glad I asked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts