The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure everyone has made that joke about their worst nightmare being their wife selling all their gear for what she thinks it's worth. Well some poor dude in Kanata kicked the bucket and he's wife dumped all his gear on L&Ms doorstep and said gimme money. In swoops my cheap ass and snaps up this fella for about half market value :) everything on the amp is original as near as I can tell except for the tubes and speaker. My first vintage fender... unless a red knob twin counts?

IMAG0937.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats, I actually just bought one of these today as well, Fantastic sounding amp. I paid a lot closer to market price though. So congrats on the score.
Wow, I thought mine was clean. That looks like it was never used.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I'm sure everyone has made that joke about their worst nightmare being their wife selling all their gear for what she thinks it's worth. Well some poor dude in Kanata kicked the bucket and he's wife dumped all his gear on L&Ms doorstep and said gimme money. In swoops my cheap ass and snaps up this fella for about half market value :) everything on the amp is original as near as I can tell except for the tubes and speaker. My first vintage fender... unless a red knob twin counts?

View attachment 134225
Nice score, my '62 will be buried with me (sorry @King Loudness).

Also, props for the scoop. The staff at the L&M in my old 'hood dubbed me "one of the local vultures", which I mistakenly took as a compliment.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice score, my '62 will be buried with me (sorry @King Loudness).

Also, props for the scoop. The staff at the L&M in my old 'hood dubbed me "one of the local vultures", which I mistakenly took as a compliment.
That's me too honestly, I go in every Monday and have them review all the gear that was traded in across Canada over the weekend :p

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
That's me too honestly, I go in every Monday and have them review all the gear that was traded in across Canada over the weekend :p
Now that's taking it to a whole 'nutha level! Respect.
He's not kidding. That is quite literally how I met him in real life.

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
I check the site frequently, and I'll ask my friends to search the system. Your dedication to the hunt is great!

That amp looks like fun.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Major score. Unless you desperately need the money, do NOT sell that amp. There really is nothing that sounds quite like a 6G2 and you will never replace it for what you paid so...consider it a keeper. Congrats on your brownie!

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Major score. Unless you desperately need the money, do NOT sell that amp. There really is nothing that sounds quite like a 6G2 and you will never replace it for what you paid so...consider it a keeper. Congrats on your brownie!
I plan to, I'll never find another for what I paid and if for some reason I do I'll have two of them :)

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Killer find. Congrats. I have owned a couple 6G2's. I love them. The Browine look is a great one. These little monsters scream. Definitely jealous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh man! I've been searching for a brownface fender or clone just lately! I'd love to hear how it sounds! Good score!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts