The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just arrived from the UK and didn't bring a guitar with me, so here I am hoping to learn about the good places to source instruments in Calgary and beyond, and not least to check out the classifieds :)

·
Registered
12,493 Posts
Welcome to the country and the forum!

There's a bunch of members from that area that will be able to help you out I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
18,624 Posts
A very warm Welcome to Canada!
I went to Isleworth (near Twickenham), Middx. about 100 years ago to study and I always feel indebted to England.

This is a great guitar forum with lots of knowledgable and helpful folks.

I will be visiting Calgary this summer and am hoping to see this musically-based "attraction" : Visit You might want to consider having a look at it after you settle in...especially since it is so close.

Hopefully our Calgary forum members will be able to help you with finding the best places to try out some gear.

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
13,289 Posts
Welcome. My mother was a Londoner, born and raised. Fair number of music stores in Cowtown.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all.

I will be visiting Calgary this summer and am hoping to see this musically-based "attraction" : Visit You might want to consider having a look at it after you settle in...especially since it is so close.
Already been! What a beautiful piece of architecture, and the musical features are great.

·
Premium Member
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Goldtop
124 Posts
Hello all! Just arrived from the UK and didn't bring a guitar with me, so here I am hoping to learn about the good places to source instruments in Calgary and beyond, and not least to check out the classifieds :)
Welcome to Calgary mate, another British-expat here. A good place to check out for local gear is Long & Mcquade, they are the only music store I go to, that I actually like. Decent prices for the most part, great used selection / prices, and fantastic rental / hold / financing options. They're very helpful.
Also keep an eye on Kijiji, it's the local version of Gumtree here and very useful for just about anything, but especially music gear.

·
Registered
15,651 Posts
Welcome--Calgary can be a cool place (In more ways than one)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts