The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Of all the Boss pedals to pick for a Waza version, this seems like a wasted opportunity. I know it's a popular pedal, but a) they are easily acquired, (unlike, e.g. the DM-2, which was a great pick), and b) people love them as is, no real shortcomings if that's your thing (again unlike the DM-2 which had a pretty low limit on delay time, even compared to other analog delays, but otherwaise sounded amazing). Figured they'd bring back something cool, unique, no longer available, like the PH-1 or Dimension C (which has had a lot of cloning recently).

It'll probably sell tho.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of all the Boss pedals to pick for a Waza version, this seems like a wasted opportunity. I know it's a popular pedal, but a) they are easily acquired, (unlike, e.g. the DM-2, which was a great pick), and b) people love them as is, no real shortcomings if that's your thing (again unlike the DM-2 which had a pretty low limit on delay time, even compared to other analog delays, but otherwaise sounded amazing). Figured they'd bring back something cool, unique, no longer available, like the PH-1 or Dimension C (which has had a lot of cloning recently).

It'll probably sell tho.
MT-2 was just a guess based on the concentric pot. The FZ-2 also have these pots. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
MT-2 was just a guess based on the concentric pot. The FZ-2 also have these pots. ;)
A good guess considerring the tone of the guitar in the teaser vid (in addition to the concentric pot). FZ-2 might be a better choice - has quite the cult following that one. ... but they kinda already Waza'd it with the FZ-5 which has Germ. Fuzzface, Germ. Maestro, and Octavia modes.

Dual concentric + that guitar tone could also maybe be a tricked out SD-2 (Dual Overdrive, which also has concentric pots) in "both" mode and drives maxed out. I sold mine and miss it (mostly for the 'lead' mode; 'crunch' was a little too loose for all that much use). But again, they've already done a Waza OD.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
It’s a Metal Zone and a DC2w. Seems like a strange release but I guess I am not the target market.
How do you know this - I would be really into a DC2W. I actually was just planning a DIY clone build.

Also, assuming that's true; totally called that :cool:

·
Registered
24,379 Posts

It'll probably sell tho.
Brian Wampler posted a few videos about how much he liked the MT-2, primarily because he thought it provided a great platform for exploring mods.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Brian Wampler posted a few videos about how much he liked the MT-2, primarily because he thought it provided a great platform for exploring mods.
Nerds will be nerds. The MT-2 is beloved as is, was the point, not that nobody ever modded or sought to mod. ... they're also a dime a dozen used so they are a great experimentation platform from that point of view as well.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts