The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
It was only a matter of time.

They ran with the "run two at once" feature of the DD500, though I can't see myself needing two reverbs on at once (and besides, I can already do that haha).

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
It'll be a tough go for them. The Strymon are pretty much flawless in terms of sound, features, ease-of-use, etc. They pretty much have to rely on people wanting something other than Strymon just for the sake of having their boards look a little different from everyone else's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Not really - a timeline is $600 and a DD-500 is $430. The boss stuff sounds good and offers features strymon doesnt. Offering similar specs for less money usually grabs a bit of any market haha.

I love strymon stuff but not everyone does.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,101 Posts
Not really - a timeline is $600 and a DD-500 is $430. The boss stuff sounds good and offers features strymon doesnt. Offering similar specs for less money usually grabs a bit of any market haha.

I love strymon stuff but not everyone does.
Not to mention a used timeline is $500 still and a used DD500 is $250-300.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
I love Strymon stuff but I don't really want to be taking a $3000 pedalboard to gigs. I only have two eyes, one for the guitars and one for the chix .............. er, I mean amp.

Besides, in a band environment, I don't think I hear the nuances they give. Recording? Sure. But amidst the bashing drums and pounding bass and wailing singer, not so much. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
My observations exactly. If I ever play out I'm taking an Epiphone LP and a Peavey Bandit and enjoying myself. Nobody gonna be stealing that shit.

·
Registered
14,546 Posts
Hmm, more options for a reverb...

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
My observations exactly. If I ever play out I'm taking an Epiphone LP and a Peavey Bandit and enjoying myself. Nobody gonna be stealing that shit.
Yes, they will steal that. It's fast money. I know your comment was tongue in cheek but sad truth is that pretty much any gear at a show is worth stealing to some lowlife.

I just brought my not-a-low-budget pedalboard to a barn for a jam, and it was fine ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts