Squier Vintage Modified Precision:

:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers
I like the vintage modified. :D
You know it plays much better than I expected, not necessarily as good as the Aerodyne but still very good. The Duncan designed pickups make a big difference, it has a decent tone and it is very light. A great back up bass.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am quite excited :banana: and I am really happy that both basses are light. Particularly as I injured my back earlier this summer and am playing that marathon 24 hour show in September. I wanted a light bass that still had a more vintage tone. Although in hindsight I should have kept my Cirrus'.

Since I got them I have been working my way through the Standing in the Shadows of Motown book. Now that is real fun :D

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Both are very nice!!

There are some real jems out there that are not expensive, nice to find one that works for you..

Bev

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice - I've heard nothing but good things about the Vintage Modified series....

I like the Aerodyne as well - I'm a P-J kinda guy - all the basses I've owned have had that configuration.:smile:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Fender Aerodyne Classic Precision Special looks GREAT!!! What does it sound like? I may have to run over to the store to check those basses out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fender Aerodyne Classic Precision Special looks GREAT!!! What does it sound like? I may have to run over to the store to check those basses out.
It sounds goods (ok really good!), a wee bit different than a standard Precision but good nonetheless and still P-like. Mine has a definite growl to it while still maintaining that round P sound. I rarely use the Jazz pickup but it really brightens up the sounds a bit when I do use it. One thing to note on the bass is that the Jazz pickup is not the noiseless variety so you do get some 60 cycle hum but it isn't that bad compared to some I have played (I normally prefer Jazz basses). I just put some DR Lo-Riders on it and I think I would put Hi-Beams on it next time to brighten it up a bit more, but that is just me. When I got it, it had Fender Stainless Steel's on it and they sounded really nice to my ear. So definitely try it out and see if it is your cup of tea. I would have loved to have gotten the blue one but they don't seem to have them out here so I had to settle for natural (oh darn ;)).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice - I've heard nothing but good things about the Vintage Modified series....
Like I said, I was pleasantly surprised. It plays well and sounds pretty good plus it makes a nice affordable backup bass. A little on the quieter side compared to the Aerodyne but that is what the amp is for :)

I like the Aerodyne as well - I'm a P-J kinda guy - all the basses I've owned have had that configuration.:smile:
Definitely a keeper. My son is also a big fan of the P-J basses, he can't seem to live without them :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts