The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking for a bass in the last months. I asked help to some great folks here (@greco and @sambonee a big thank you to both of you) but we bought a house and we had a lot of works to do (and cash to spend...) so the bass project kinda disappear.

In december, a friend of mine asked me to join a music project. Two basses, no guitars and lend me a cheap bass. Nothing fancy, not even a brand name on the headstock but it was enough to play and enjoy the ride.

3 months later, I finally got the green light from the miss and found a gentlemen over a Facebook group in Trois-Rivières (a 1h45 drive from me) who has a US made G&L L-2500 in showroom condition for sale. I had a budget in mind, told him and since I was willing to drive over there, he accept my offer.

So yesterday after work, my best friend (he's really the best) picked me up and drove me there. The gentlemen was really nice, had everything ready; bass, amp, cord ready to play and test the bass.

The bass have no marks on it, all the papers are included. The certificate is signed by Leo Fender's wife!!!!

Let me say that I am more than happy about this deal!

I didn't have a lot of time to take pics, so here a quick one to make you wait! :)

Guitar String instrument Musical instrument String instrument Electric guitar

·
Premium Member
18,787 Posts
I was looking for a bass in the last months or so. I asked some help to some great folks here (@greco and @sambonee a big thank you to both of you) but we bought a house and we had a lot of work to do (and cash to spend...) so the bass project kind of disappear.
Firstly, and most importantly, congrats on your new bass! ENJOY!!

However, I think you must be intending to thank someone else in your post. I know absolutely nothing about basses in general.

Co0l that Leo's wife signed the certificate. That is the first time I have ever heard that mentioned.

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firstly, and most importantly, congrats on your new bass! ENJOY!!

However, I think you must be intending to thank someone else in your post. I know absolutely nothing about basses in general.
Thanks!
No mistake, I contacted you about a greco bass... you didn't know about bass but you still helped me! ;)

Coll that Leo's wife signed the certificate. That is the first time I have ever heard that mentioned.
I know it worth nothing but I think it's cool!

·
Registered
15,755 Posts
Nice--enjoy!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
That is a looker! Congrats. Like so many others have said on this forum and other forums, G&L are exceptional guitars and sometimes crazy good value. It took me years (decades actually) to get past the fact they didn't say Fender on the headstock but in the past 6 months I've added 3 to my collection. Enjoy that that thing and play it responsibly, and by responsibly I mean slung low :)

Reactions: Ti-Ron

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Little update.
I tried some settings with the passive mode and I can get some decent pbass tone on the neck pickup!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts