The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1981 Hiwatt DR103. No introductory required... BOOM!!!

80's Randall RGT100ES. This amp is very very hard to find as they didn't make many, considering that Randall's thing back in the 80's was almost exclusively solid state. This amp may very well be the only exception, if not then one of the very few. It is basically Randall's take on a Marshall Jubilee with the Jose mod, and I'd compare it both in tone and sheer punishing volume to that of the Peavey Butcher of the same era, but with more tonal options. BAM!!!

·
Premium Member
12,979 Posts
LOL @Robert1950

Yes, very nice amps. Wish I had a practical application for a 100W amp - I'm even leaning toward selling my only 50W amp. I could use these with my PS to reign them in, but other than that, I'd be way far into the MV (or so hated by everyone else in the room).

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Jealous, I have a old carpet covered rg100es. crushing gain and volume with nice solid state cleans, I can only imagine what it must sound like with tubes.

Oh ya the Hiwatt is pretty sweet too.

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
Schweeeeeeet! Stereo 100watt Heaven!!!! Enjoy bud.
(Oh earplugs too!)

Sent from my other other brain.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that Hiwatt from Paul's Boutique? Congrats on your scores!
No, I did a trade+cash with a personal owner from Kijiji. Turned out to be a pretty cool guy who was also a huge gear nerd/hoarder as well!

Thanks for all the positive replies, you kind folk! I actually plan to run both of these heads in one of my bands. The RGT100ES will go through a Randall xl cab loaded with V30's, while The Hiwatt will run through a peavey 412ms cab loaded with g12k-85's. Definitely not a bedroom set up; when I was playing around with this amp/cab configuration I accidentally forgot my ear plugs... My ears were very sensitive to sound for the next few days. DOOM!!

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
No, I did a trade+cash with a personal owner from Kijiji. Turned out to be a pretty cool guy who was also a huge gear nerd/hoarder as well!

Thanks for all the positive replies, you kind folk! I actually plan to run both of these heads in one of my bands. The RGT100ES will go through a Randall xl cab loaded with V30's, while The Hiwatt will run through a peavey 412ms cab loaded with g12k-85's. Definitely not a bedroom set up; when I was playing around with this amp/cab configuration I accidentally forgot my ear plugs... My ears were very sensitive to sound for the next few days. DOOM!!
I love meeting other gear heads from Kijiji deals. I had a cool little jam session one night when buying a delay pedal. First time I got to play through a 5150, so I was happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts